Ronald Koeman

snowy

It's the first time I am torn on this.

The grounds on which Laporta was furious against Koeman, namely the way of playing and going for the draw, is legit 100%
On the other hand, Koeman knew, and everyone here can understand, that without the inured players, and on the top of the quality gap between Bayern and Barca,
if he had gone to play out and press high, the scoreline would not be so kind as 0-3. More like a 2-8 again...

Who is right and who is wrong here?

I don't like Laputa cuz the way he screwed Messi but he's right on that one.

Bayern were playing vs 8 or 9 yesterday since Bob, Luuke and Busi (the .5) presented zero threat and very little pressing.

As soon as he started making the subs, Bayern looked slower and more tentative.

So in this scenario, stamina + speed + bravery + hunger > experience

Play this on the return leg and I think we concede 3 or 4 but score at least 2

. Balde - Memphis - Yusuf
. . Pedri - Gavi - KAYS! (or Puig)
. . . . . . Frenkie
Araujo - Garcia - Mingu

Unpopular op but even if they score 8, man I don't care as long as we play more attacking and try stuff out

FC B

This begs a big question.. Why the team with the biggest revenue in the world keep signing dummy coaches.. Why not Tuchel or Klopp when they were available. Why always tito Tata titis. A mystery

Because of no Barca DNA and no possesion fundamentalists reasons.

HanDW

Conte wont come here ever, he demands backing in the transfer market and we cant provide that at the moment, imagine he comes here and Laporta tells him that he has to work with a squad of kids, old deadwood and a free trasnsfer here and there, the man would run out of here in less than a month.

Last edited:

FC B

Seriously, fuck off with Cruyff. There is no time for another mediocre manager and there is no room for another disaster. Xavi is the only logical decision right now if we don't want a proper manager like Conte.

Xavi isnt a much better option than Cruyff imo, sadly.

mc_lovin

Conte gives me nightmares, I would rather have Mourinho :lol:

And while I am not in favor of Cruyff as our coach (I would probably still take him over Koeman though) I can't understand why he has this weird meme status here. He seems like a great and smart guy. His interviews are fantastic.

Zebulun

Conte is available but fans will curse him from beginning because he is no DNA.

1) conte values veteran players and does not work well with young players.
2) almost every club he goes to, he ends up fighting with management / board.
3) is a short term manager

he ruled himself out.

Birdy

1) conte values veteran players and does not work well with young players.
2) almost every club he goes to, he ends up fighting with management / board.
3) is a short term manager

he ruled himself out.

Plus: 4) He wants big money and marque signings, apart from a huge wage for himself.

Top tactician, but Barca-DNA aside, he is not the man for the job here

fergus90

Conte would resign at the first obstacle that stands in his way. Literally a season or 2 later we'd be looking at rebuilding again.

We need a young manager and someone who's likely to stay for a few years, demands the maximum from his players, and is obsessed with the detail.

It's no surprise things are turning out like they are with Koeman, absolutely no surprise at all. He wouldn't be effective with a 300 million transfer fund because he just isn't the level required.

frog-fcb

It's the first time I am torn on this.

The grounds on which Laporta was furious against Koeman, namely the way of playing and going for the draw, is legit 100%
On the other hand, Koeman knew, and everyone here can understand, that without the inured players, and on the top of the quality gap between Bayern and Barca,
if he had gone to play out and press high, the scoreline would not be so kind as 0-3. More like a 2-8 again...

Who is right and who is wrong here?

In a way your right about how he lined up last night to not get slaughtered. But at the same time if he should have been more courageous an try and put Bayern under a bit of pressure and try find any weakness they have. Sitting back probably saved us being hit on the counter but it fell right into their hands giving them 90 minutes to pin us back and attack just what they love doing

HanDW

I dont mind parking the bus, the thing is we never looked solid AT ALL, just 5 guys camping in the box and praying. I've seen segunda division teams bring better defensive systems vs Madrid and us in Copa del Rey that the shit we played yesterday.

Bobo32

I dont mind parking the bus, the thing is we never looked solid AT ALL, just 5 guys camping in the box and praying. I've seen segunda division teams bring better defensive systems vs Madrid and us in Copa del Rey that the shit we played yesterday.

Yeah, the 5atb can work well, if the lateral CBs can be free to press for example - this was part of Chelseas success last year.
Very passive team overall, no contact in the press ever over the field, but continous jogging/falling back and no threat on the counter either. The extra CB was almost like playing with 10 men.

I linked this in the other thread, it's a decent read: https://betweentheposts.net/barcelo...e-barcelona-fold-against-cruising-bayern-0-3/

vegitot

Conte would resign at the first obstacle that stands in his way. Literally a season or 2 later we'd be looking at rebuilding again.

We need a young manager and someone who's likely to stay for a few years, demands the maximum from his players, and is obsessed with the detail.

It's no surprise things are turning out like they are with Koeman, absolutely no surprise at all. He wouldn't be effective with a 300 million transfer fund because he just isn't the level required.

Young manager wants to stay for more years. It is Xavi the chosen one.

JamDav1982

Chelsea play 5 at the back with more often than not at least two physical CBs and DMs that can move to plug gaps, quality delivery from wing backs and strikers that can run in behind.

Barca have none of those and last night was a mess.

Only time 3 at back worked under Koeman was with FDJ in middle of back three stepping out with ball and Messi/Griezmann at AM behind Dembele with the pace to give opposition something to worry about.

Home of Barca Fans