Ronald Koeman

jamrock

Roberto or Pedri.

Both would offer more protection defensively and better movement to take the ball.

Movement yes, defensive protection no, Pedri would get destroyed and Roberto could play it but just don't trust him, but I'd have Roberto over busquets but with de jong has the DM, driving forward like his Ajax days.

Barcilliant

He really doesn't have much to work with. We have holes all over the park. Defense, midfield or attack we have weaknesses everywhere.
Having said that if we are mid table in December Koeman will get the boot. Laporta will probably bring some schmuck in and we might finish top four.

El Guaje

Bruh what is Koeman supposed to do, we are fucked. Royally. We just lost a guy who regularly scored 30-40+ goals per season and who was our main creator. We are left with past it Busquets, Pique, Bob and Alba, 3 100m+ signings either injured or doing fuck all, we have 0 creativity in midfield or wings, we have no good goalscorer… yeah we have fucking nothing. Our only hope is Memphis, Fati being as good and consistent as last season and Dembele finally getting his shit together, which aint gonna happen.

It will take LOTS of work and time to get this team back to the top. Dark times are upon us. We are closer to being AC Milan 2.0 than a competitive top team. Going from the likes of Neymar to Martin fucking Braithwaite says it all…

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Biggest problem is that Bartomeu's contract terms means we are stuck with the Konman for the near future - his pragmatic approach means cules craving the Barca style will have to wait until Xavi can assume duties

Meanwhile, we will be forced to endure pedestrian tactics and chronic inability to make the best use of squad, i.e. marginalizing many

Barcilliant

Biggest problem is that Bartomeu's contract terms means we are stuck with the Konman for the near future - his pragmatic approach means cules craving the Barca style will have to wait until Xavi can assume duties

Meanwhile, we will be forced to endure pedestrian tactics and chronic inability to make the best use of squad, i.e. marginalizing many

Xavi won't be able to do shit with this squad. Xavi is untested and will have to deal with the reality of the situation. It's not as if Laporta is going to open the cheque book and give Xavi 100 million euro signings.

serghei

Xavi won't be able to do shit with this squad. Xavi is untested and will have to deal with the reality of the situation. It's not as if Laporta is going to open the cheque book and give Xavi 100 million euro signings.

Xavi would develop some players more probably and would set up the midfield much better given that he was the biggest midfield maestro probably ever, but that's about it, can't work miracles without 2-3 top signings. You're right. This team will struggle to win an important title for 3-4 years, unless somehow AM and Real Madrid are not strong, in which case we might sneak a title win.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Our season will be decided by the ability of Memphis, Ansu and Dembele to stay fit, which is rather unfortunate.

You don't win titles with Coutinho, Griezmann and Braithwaite as your forwards. Nothing a coach can do. Koeman is certainly not an innovator or a great coach, but like Enrique he radiates a good spirit. He won't sink us if the team is on par.

serghei

Our season will be decided by the ability of Memphis, Ansu and Dembele to stay fit, which is rather unfortunate.

You don't win titles with Coutinho, Griezmann and Braithwaite as your forwards. Nothing a coach can do. Koeman is certainly not an innovator or a great coach, but like Enrique he radiates a good spirit. He won't sink us if the team is on par.

I can agree. But when the team is not on par, you need a manager to elevate and develop the existing pieces. The team won't be on par in terms of signings for a while. So we need a new manager next season.

JamDav1982

I can agree. But when the team is not on par, you need a manager to elevate and develop the existing pieces. The team won't be on par in terms of signings for a while. So we need a new manager next season.

Likes of Pedri, Araujo and Mingueza developed and improved.

FDJ has got better.

There is only so much the coach can do. He cant just waive a magic wand and all players get better. Particularly the older ones that are declining physically and are inflexible as to how they can play.

Gaudi

He did some good things with youngsters, but what I want to see in post Messi era is change in our DNA. You can play same old game without top scorer and most creative player. We still looked rather static in attack yesterday. I really hoped we would see different Barca now. For example Dest had 2 good crosses yesterday and both were dangerous as Memphis attacked the box.
We need to adopt to more modern, dynamic, more direct game...we can't just wait from magic anymore, or say to Memphis: now be our Messi!

JohnN

He did some good things with youngsters, but what I want to see in post Messi era is change in our DNA. You can play same old game without top scorer and most creative player. We still looked rather static in attack yesterday. I really hoped we would see different Barca now. For example Dest had 2 good crosses yesterday and both were dangerous as Memphis attacked the box.
We need to adopt to more modern, dynamic, more direct game...we can't just wait from magic anymore, or say to Memphis: now be our Messi!

We need to drop busquets from the starting 11. No way around it. I love the dude, but he can't perform at the required level. If we want to change the dynamic we need a machine at lone DM or a double pivot.

mc_lovin

What annoys me to no end is that we have just given Messi's position to Griezmann. He plays like a carbon copy of him without the individual quality. Apart from that getting rid of Braithwaite in the starting 11 will improve us naturally.

Don't think we should overreact too much at the moment though.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
A bit easy to say "what could Koeman do with this squad" , after Barca escaped with a fairly decent result in San Mames.

Maybe for starters he shouldn't start one of the slowest CB pairing against one of the fastest striker in La Liga. If it wasn't for Pique getting injured we would probably be 2 or 3 goals down midway through the second half.

FC433

Bilbao has always been a tough side, even when we were at our best. I genuinely do not understand the negativity, I mean we struggled against them with Pep and LE. I think we are fine, we should however focus on bringing fast players. I feel we are one of the slowest attacking team ins Europe when it comes to speed.

Home of Barca Fans