João Laporta

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
See, if we had Laporta he'd listen to Cruyff and Barca would never get Neymar and Suárez. Because according to Cruyff, more than one superstar in attack can't work.

Even under Laporta I would've been against a galactico policy every summer, fortunately that wasn't the case...and as I mentioned before, my interpretation of Cruyff's comments was more about trying to undermine the board...I mean, he played Laudrup, Stoichkov & Romario together so I don't think he's against the idea of 3 stars in attack

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what you interpret and then there's what he said and what can't be misinterpreted.

JamDav1982

Even under Laporta I would've been against a galactico policy every summer, fortunately that wasn't the case...and as I mentioned before, my interpretation of Cruyff's comments was more about trying to undermine the board...I mean, he played Laudrup, Stoichkov & Romario together so I don't think he's against the idea of 3 stars in attack

Cruyff comments didnt just undermine the board they could have been unsettling to the players and made it harder for them to fit in.

He comments were aimed at the board and he didnt care if it had any negative affect on team.

Cruyff said Figo did nothing wrong in leaving club and Barca were wrong in stopping him playing last week.

Cruyff has made constant comments to try and damage the board etc without any care for how it would impact the team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That's what you interpret and then there's what he said and what can't be misinterpreted.

Cruyff has a sizable, not to mention understandable beef, with Rosell/Bartomeu, non?...He was literally kicked to the curb from the club he revolutionized and had difficulties continuing with the Cruyff Foundation partnership until recently

Agendas are a big part of this

JamDav1982

Cruyff has a sizable, not to mention understandable beef, with Rosell/Bartomeu, non?...He was literally kicked to the curb from the club he revolutionized and had difficulties continuing with the Cruyff Foundation partnership until recently

Yes and Cruyff has an agenda against the board that he doesnt give two shits if his words make things harder for Barca as long as he attacks the board.

mssarm

Since when it was OK for club legend undermine the team for personal agendas. If he had problems with the management he could have hammered them for shady deals and commited fraud. Yet he always went for the team,for example suggesting that Neymar got paid more than some senior players. He was trying to revenge the management by bringing chaos in the team. Let's just admit that's not what a club legend should do. That is equally low as Rosell disrespectfully stripping his honors.

reDIOS10

Since when it was OK for club legend undermine the team for personal agendas. If he had problems with the management he could have hammered them for shady deals and commited fraud. Yet he always went for the team,for example suggesting that Neymar got paid more than some senior players. He was trying to revenge the management by bringing chaos in the team. Let's just admit that's not what a club legend should do. That is equally low as Rosell disrespectfully stripping his honors.

But Neymar did get paid more than some senior players though when u add that 40 mil. That is a management issue i think

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So, when is he coming out with his manifesto and whatnot

Finishing the details apparently. Say what you want about Laporta, but he's not a stupid guy. He knows he stands no chance unless he got the perfect plan and team ready to go.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

This is the atmosphere around the club and has been long since any of us were fans of the club, nothing to do with condoning it - agendas are constantly being played out

Cruyff revolutionized the club, success today is linked inextricably to his contributions - few can deny that...Rosell et al attacked him, he attacked back - none of it is good for the club but let's not dismiss the reality that Rosell et al unsettled the balance & harmony the club enjoyed under Laporta

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If Pilar Rahola is a part of his team then I'm out of #TeamLaporta

It'd be a disappointment no doubt although Laporta has previously shown support to Palestine so, if true, I imagine, like most politicians, she'd have to back track on her position...She's a political ally & friend to Joan, strange bedfellows nevertheless

Home of Barca Fans