Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Too many small players in team already.

Fine if one or two but even Pep realised cant get away with it and added power and height to his City team.

Lisandro being short is a problem, but he is very physical defender who is very smart.
tbh he is my top choice as Araujo perfect partner.
We need bigger fullbacks to compensate for such smaller CB, that is fair tbh.

As for Grimaldo, he is currently and improvement over Alba and won't cost much.
Still prefer Gaya, or scouting someone better that I don't know about :lol:

Devils

He seemed quite dejected in his presser.

The beginning of the end I presume.

I think he will do a Ole and walk out himself.

Barcilliant

Was a legendary player. So far as a manager he has been a legendary flop.

Too arrogant and set in his ways He thought he was good enough to manage this side after fucking managing in Qatar. This alone shows his level of delusion. He flatly said the B team was beneath him. He should have managed the B team and a mid level team before coming here.
That idiot Laporta giving into populist sentiment and hiring Xavi. I can't fucking take another season of Xavi. Unless something radically changes Xavi should be sacked at the end of the season.

JohnN

Our team has the following tiers of players:

WTF tier:
- Abde, Jutgl?, Braithwaite, Dest, Puig, Gavi, Oscar, Lukk, Depay: These players have no place in a Barca B, let alone a Barca team, no matter their age.

Grandpa tier:
- Alba, Pique, Busquets, Alves: These players are too old, you might get some good games out of them, but not 90 minutes each game of consistent - performance. They also can't keep up with today's pace. Probably better suited for MLS, no place in a Barca team.

Mediocre tier:
- Lenglet, Umtiti, Mats, Garcia, FDJ ???, Dembele: Good age, not good enough players but usable (well Umtiti is done) even in Barca, provided there are plenty of better players than them in the team

For the future tier:
- Fati, Torres, Pedri, Nico, Araujo are too young, good for their age, and could potentially be top players in the future. 2 of them have serious injury issues though and we haven't seen enough of Torres.

Might have skipped some players (e.x. Sergi Roberto) because they are irrelevant.

We have no top players in prime age who could slot in any top 10 team without a hussle. Only argument could be made for FDJ based on last season's performances of course, because he has been shit this season.

We are an individually worse team than Athletic Bilbao, with less game time together, a newer manager and a multitude of problems. It's expected to lose away to them (in overtime also). They played like the favourites against a lesser team, which is the reality.

We have a long way to go to be relative again.

Rory

The absolute idiocy of playing a 32 year old Alba, 34 Pique, 33 year old Busquets and 38 year old Alves as 4/5 defensive players on the pitch for 120+ mins. We now have no trophy to aim for. (europa league doesn't count).

There's a reason many people on here wanted him tested in europe before coming here. Easy to play good football in the Qatar league as the by far best team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans