Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

Xavi does no defensive work whatsoever. That's just not possible in modern football. The Dutch could pass the ball back from the touchline so many times because no midfielder from Spain does any defensive work. If he starts another important game in a Barça shirt I will personally call for Enrique's head.

Yeah sure, telling Xavi to leave or retire when the whole team is shit. It's all his fault I guess.

It all starts with him. He is the engine of the group and if he doesn't play well, the team doesn't play well.

E

El_e8

Yeah sure, telling Xavi to leave or retire when the whole team is shit. It's all his fault I guess.

The whole barcaforums calls for Messis head every time Barca loses so yeah I'm gonna blame Xavi who was just shocking. You truly want this zombie to be our main MF player next season?

Armando929

Love Xavi but he's done now. And he's holding the team back.

He should either go to Qatar or preferably join his buddy El Guaje in NYC.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The whole barcaforums calls for Messis head every time Barca loses so yeah I'm gonna blame Xavi who was just shocking. You truly want this zombie to be our main MF player next season?
This. It also makes me sick how Iniesta is never criticized.

Ursegor

World Champion
Relax. Spain did this on purpose so everyone think they are shit so they can strike back as underdogs.

It's only logical.

Maria

Spain vs El Salvador

Spain became untouchable, and much more precise and dangerous in attack when Busquets and Xavi came on. Without Alves on the right, the attack doesn't get sucked into the black hole of useless crosses.

And because Spain is more fluid than Barça. Messi up front forces a much more static formation. Many more triangles in the center with Spain.

Yup. It's almost entirely destroyed Barça's tiki-taka through the middle. I love Messi, but building tactics around him as a static CF (or false 9 with no one in front of him) makes it impossible to create with triangles through the middle. Which is why I enjoy Spain more, at present: it's Barça with a stronger defense, more fluid forwards, and no Alves crosses.

:coffee:

Richard.H

Xavi is still excellent but you can't expect 90 minutes from him. Unfortunately, that's the problem. He's way too stubborn to accept less minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans