Xavi Hernández

FinBarcelonafan

With JamDav on this one. Gap isn't that big. Most of the posters here thought we were the best team in Spain during our mini run and the Real win.

Now we're levels behind Atleti and Madrid.

But I will say, the Summer markets will dictate how far behind Real we will fall. On paper we can't come close to the Mbappe signing.

We are behind when it comes to challenging in Europe. We have no hope of winning CL with current team but Atletico and Madrid could do it.

Winning European cup totally different to winning League or playing well there. Heck, ask Pep..

JamDav1982

We are behind when it comes to challenging in Europe. We have no hope of winning CL with current team but Atletico and Madrid could do it.

Winning European cup totally different to winning League or playing well there. Heck, ask Pep..

Ateltico have no chance in CL and certainly not a better chance than Barca next season to go further.

FinBarcelonafan

Ateltico have no chance in CL and certainly not a better chance than Barca next season to go further.

We would never lose to City by one goal. Atletico could have easily taken it overtime and win. Probably deserved too.

Look at our record in Europe. We have been embarrassed for years and now in Europe League.. Even past few years when we had way better team and we still couldn't get it done.

Catta

We would never lose to City by one goal. Atletico could have easily taken it overtime and win. Probably deserved too.

Look at our record in Europe. We have been embarrassed for years and now in Europe League.. Even past few years when we had way better team and we still couldn't get it done.

It's because Atleti doesn't have a certain player with an unique skill set, while Barca does. If they had, then they would also lose by more than one goal.

Joan

Serghei, delusional is being happy with the results while performing this horribly. When will Xavidembcross relent? When will Torres' infinity leash be shortened? When will Xavi reopen the midfield? When will our best midfielder get playing time? These are very serious questions which continue into next season.

I almost liked this post.

Gnidrologist

It's inexplainable to me why we stoped playing in the way we player in the xaviball period. Dip in form doesn't explain this. We had nice intricate tiktak passing combined with quick counters and crossing to supplement it. But after the damn break we play like midtable team that can only cross or rely on individual runs. It's as if he's done Setien and succumbed to geezerball, because certain players can't be arsed to train properly.

ajnotkeith

It's inexplainable to me why we stoped playing in the way we player in the xaviball period. Dip in form doesn't explain this. We had nice intricate tiktak passing combined with quick counters and crossing to supplement it. But after the damn break we play like midtable team that can only cross or rely on individual runs. It's as if he's done Setien and succumbed to geezerball, because certain players can't be arsed to train properly.

Don't agree.

During our good run we were crossing almost every attack, the difference is they were landing those times and clubs didn't setup to stifle it yet. Go back and watch and very few chance creations are from the middle even then.

Difference is teams are reacting to us now. Same thing, just before the crosses found a man and now they don't.

SmilerBam

Serghei, delusional is being happy with the results while performing this horribly. When will Xavidembcross relent? When will Torres' infinity leash be shortened? When will Xavi reopen the midfield? When will our best midfielder get playing time? These are very serious questions which continue into next season.

:lol:

serghei

I don't know what you're talking about. My position on Puig was that he was gonna play more under Xavi, and be a good squad player. He wasn't. That's all. Nothing of the sort of him being our best midfielder or anything similar.

And that was even before Gavi was a thing.

JamDav1982

I don't know what you're talking about. My position on Puig was that he was gonna play more under Xavi, and be a good squad player. He wasn't. That's all. Nothing of the sort of him being our best midfielder or anything similar.

And that was even before Gavi was a thing.

Nah lies.

This season you were claiming Xavi should play Puig same minutes as Gavi/Nico or be unfair to him. Last season was saying Puig was a talent that should be starting ahead of Busquets.

As soon as realised Xavi saw him as just as shite as other coaches it was radio silence.

Were giving off about the 'talent' of Puig when it was being said Laporta was trying to force him into team.

serghei

Nah lies.

This season you were claiming Xavi should play Puig same minutes as Gavi/Nico or be unfair to him. Last season was saying Puig was a talent that should be starting ahead of Busquets.

As soon as realised Xavi saw him as just as shite as other coaches it was radio silence.

Were giving off about the 'talent' of Puig when it was being said Laporta was trying to force him into team.

Go dig up some quotes. Probably bullshit. I rated Gavi over Puig as soon as I saw him playing a few games.

There was never any scenario where I rated Puig over Gavi and Pedri.

JamDav1982

Go dig up some quotes. Probably bullshit. I rated Gavi over Puig as soon as I saw him playing a few games.

There was never any scenario where I rated Puig over Gavi and Pedri.

Dish up quotes for what?

What of those you claiming never said?

This season you said the talent of Puig deserved same game time as Gavi/Nico to be treated fairly etc.

Were giving off about Laporta seeing the talent of Puig and last season were arguing for him to start over Busi.

Home of Barca Fans