Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

7 out of 8. Forgot we played Betis twice in the league.

We also draw against Sevilla 1-1 away.

Still very good results against good teams. If we only wouldn't lose against likes of Rayo and Cadiz at home.

FSSgP2PX0AAyubr

Porque

The only big mistake Xavi made was misreading the Frankfurt home match.

Put it this way. The difference in the Real Madeid and Barcelona seasons was that we had to overcome 3 goals versus Frankfurt and only managed 2 late goals, while Madrid needed to overcome 1 versus Chelsea and managed 1 (plus the XT winner).

From those quarters finals we sank and they swam.

Small margins.

Messigician

Put it this way. The difference in the Real Madeid and Barcelona seasons was that we had to overcome 3 goals versus Frankfurt and only managed 2 late goals, while Madrid needed to overcome 1 versus Chelsea and managed 1 (plus the XT winner).

Small margins.

Frankfurt isn't Man city or Chelsea

serghei

We also draw against Sevilla 1-1 away.

Still very good results against good teams. If we only wouldn't lose against likes of Rayo and Cadiz at home.

FSSgP2PX0AAyubr

Yeah, this gives me hope for next season that we can win the league. Would be massive to do it so soon.

Bobo32

Small margins.

Always small margins, but Xavi has got his team to play terribly for some periods. Let's see how they end the season, and what the squad looks like after summer. There is potential to really enhance the squad and challenge for everything next year, but the right decisions needs to be made.

serghei

There is no potential to challenge for everything next season lol :lol:. Whoever really thinks that is delusional.

Challenging for the CL title is imposibile for a few years.

Bobo32

There is no potential to challenge for everything next season lol :lol:. Whoever really thinks that is delusional.

Challenging for the CL title is imposibile for a few years.

Sure, as it was 'impossible' for Villarreal to reach the CL semis as well (or the finals or the cup, which they could just as well reach too).
It was '?mpossible' for Barcelona to beat Real Madrid, nevermind with 4-0? I am sure if I dig a little, you said that ITVT (in this very thread)?

serghei

Sure, as it was 'impossible' for Villarreal to reach the CL semis as well (or the finals or the cup, which they could just as well reach too).
It was '?mpossible' for Barcelona to beat Real Madrid, nevermind with 4-0? I am sure if I dig a little, you said that ITVT (in this very thread)?

Have you been under a rock in the last years? Current Barca is a mix of veterans who are serial losers in CL, some kids, and a bunch of rejects, minus 1-2 players.

We don't have a single mature leader in the team.

Last edited:

serghei

The whole hope of us competing for the CL is our very young or young core developing in the next 2-3 years and us finally getting rid of the old turtles and/or terrorists and signing top players instead.

Windhook

I believe Xavi seeks a balance between youth and veterans in terms of transition between generations. The time will come but a sudden termination of Busquets, Pique and Alba could leave the club hanging without a leadership on the pitch. MATS will be the likely captain under these circumstances.

Anyway, congrats to Xavi for securing CL spot next season. It was the main goal in this doomed season having to manage a squad without a leading key figure in offence.

Iniesta Ultra

Fati Auba Pedri
Puig Busi Silva
Alba/someone else Pique/Christensen Araujo Dembele

Alba can play higher up with the others more back 3 to defend well. Think this can beat anyone imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans