20 - Sergi Roberto

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
At this point, we should be committed to developing Dest. It's not about ohh Dest is not better than Roberto. He's faster and much much younger. That's already enough. The situation is actually the opposite, Roberto should be much superior to play ahead of Dest. And he's not.

We're not talking about 2014-2016 Alves here.

Add Mingu who can also play RB better than Roberto and possibly getting the guy from Betis (sorry, I forgot his name)... And the midfield is already crowded with player superior than him, he doesn't have a place here, especially considering his high wages...

serghei

Add Mingu who can also play RB better than Roberto and possibly getting the guy from Betis (sorry, I forgot his name)... And the midfield is already crowded with player superior than him, he doesn't have a place here, especially considering his high wages...

For sure. Emerson is the guy.

xXKonan

It's a low blow no matter how bad the player can be to take your frustration out by blaming his dead mom is one of the reasons he's playing or wishing injury or saying shit like "I WISH THIS GUY HAD CANCER".

You can criticize players but without going true dirtbag mode and wishing horrible shit on said player or blaming the poor guys mom who died not to long ago.

Porque

Ronald Koeman before joining Barcelona: "If I have two players of a similar level I will play the younger player"

Messigician

Is he supposed to be over it by now? My theory of Koeman trying to help his mental state is still better than whatever you could come up with. I would love to hear an explanation from the most impeccable critical thinker DonAK of why a player that is only delivering 1/10 performances keeps playing.

Drop it. Out of line post you're better than this

cro-man

If these are the signs of roberto returning as a starter we really need a new rb if dest cant make it. We cannot let this guy ever be a starter again. He is not even a good sub.

khaled_a_d

At this point, we should be committed to developing Dest. It's not about ohh Dest is not better than Roberto. He's faster and much much younger. That's already enough. The situation is actually the opposite, Roberto should be much superior to play ahead of Dest. And he's not.

We're not talking about 2014-2016 Alves here.

That part if tricky, because even Dest admits he has confidence issues.
Barca is just too big of a stage for a player that might be questioning himself or can be burned mentally easily.
" committed to developing" is nice, but in case of Dest it won't be by playing him 90 minutes every game, unfortunately
You can argue that we need to get someone new, or play Oscar over Roberto, but Dest himself doesn't look like the guy you develop by making him undisputed starter, he needs to take it step by step

xXKonan

That's why I hope we give Emerson a real shot and instead of just selling him.

He would probably give Dest a good kick in the ass.

Messi983

For sure. Emerson is the guy.

I've thought you don't like Emerson.

I think people are a bit too harsh on both Dest and Roberto.

Dest had some solid performances (which were often over exaggerated as great ones and some people already expecting him to be our longterm RB) and also some averages ones (which OTOH were also downplayed too much as him being s*** from people who see things black and white only). Inconsistency is something I always expect from any newcomer at the club, especially with young players. He has a lot of work to do but I still believe in his longterm potential. He'll (probably) never become the next Alves but we don't need that for him to be a very useful player and potentially a longterm starter.

Roberto's season has just been ruined by injuries. It's not easy to come back into the team at this point of the season after being out for 4-5 months (I know he has played a game or two in January before he got reinjured). But as I said before I still don't see a longterm future for him at the club, at least not as a RB. Try to sell him this summer if not extend his contract for another season (until 2023) if he accepts a significant pay cut (otherwise just let him run out his contract and leave for free next year) but use him exclusively as a 4th/5th midfielder. For RB position there should be a fair competition for minutes between Dest and Emerson who could both bring different qualities to the team.

raedkuwait

Why the fuck whould u play this guy when we need a fast player and score a goal. Koaman is fucking retard.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans