Luuk De Jong

serghei

Okay game because he scored. He needs to score to matter, because his overall game, in terms of technique, movement, etc. is pretty shit.

Horatio

You're welcome
He has decent positioning and jump I guess. Gotten on receiving end a lot but also last game. But a bit of a bottler though.

Messi983

Good that he has scored, hopefully his confidence will improve. We're stuck with him for this season so hope for the best but at the same time still think we should've get one of WJ, Falcao or Rafa Mir (on loan with a buy option) instead of him.

Willian Jose (Betis) - 193 minutes, 4 goals
Falcao (Rayo V.) - 97 minutes, 3 goals
Rafa Mir (Sevilla) - 149 minutes, 2 goals
Luuk De Jong - 193 minutes, 1 goal

FinBarcelonafan

Good that he has scored, hopefully his confidence will improve. We're stuck with him for this season so hope for the best but at the same time still think we should've get one of WJ, Falcao or Rafa Mir (on loan with a buy option) instead of him.

Willian Jose (Betis) - 193 minutes, 4 goals
Falcao (Rayo V.) - 97 minutes, 3 goals
Rafa Mir (Sevilla) - 149 minutes, 2 goals
Luuk De Jong - 193 minutes, 1 goal

Small sample sizes, but other deals look better now.

Messi983

Small sample sizes, but other deals look better now.

They'll probably start to look even better as the time goes on, especially Rafa Mir who for now is a backup for En-Nesyri but should get to start more games, especially when YEN will go to AFCON in January.

Can't expect Falcao to continue at this rate (not even Messi in his prime has scored a goal every 30 minutes) and he probably won't score 20+ goals for Rayo but could easily get to around 15 if he stays healthy. Which will probably be at least 10 more than Luuk will score for us.

WJ can be a bit streaky so he could cool down soon. Betis has an obligation to buy him with conditions (I think if they qualify for Europe) which wouldn't be ideal for us as I don't think he would be useful in 2-3 years if we'd eventually have to buy him but if we could negotiate different terms he would clearly be more helpful to us this season than LDJ.

I'm sure we've missed out on better options than an old and injury prone Kun (IF he could stay fit he could prove to be a good signing though so we'll have to wait and see) and LDJ who is just not good enough but it is what it is. :valverde:

Home of Barca Fans