Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

93-BEC3-E2-870-D-4-C12-B33-E-D2-FCEE6-F034-A.jpg

Mitchell1978

10/11 fourth LOL - that was GOAT Messi.

Maybe in terms of CL-performance but even that is debatable (as 2014/15 and 2018/19 are very close).
But he has had for shure 4 or 5 LL seasons that are certainly better and even more decisive.

2010/11 was also the goat Barca team and i would argue he has done more with a lesser team around him in seasons after that.

raskolnikov

If I would pinpoint prime Messi it would be from when he went on that insane run in 2010 around the time he scored 4 vs Arsenal until he got injured vs psg in 2013.

But his later msn years he wasbt that for off and more evolved as a player

JohnN

Congrats to Leo for his 7th!

Imagine we had people in this forum last season who not only said he was a massive problem for us but even argued he was WOAT level. In a season he managed to win the BDor. And even if many won't agree with that award, at least it's evident for everyone he was a top contender for it. Also, we would be better without him, as many said.

Every "expert analyst" in this forum has been proven categorically wrong. Time for some humble pie.

Andresito

Staff member
Messi was trash last autumn as well (as he is now).

Shouldn't take his first months with PSG as a sign of him being finished. Remember a lot of people were proven wrong after December last year.

Bobo32

I've been on the Bernabeu for that final(only CL final that I've attended). Milito was excelent.

Sorry for the bad timing, that was one of the worst finals I watched as I remember. Maybe it was better in person of course...

Milito wasn't ever in the top 50 of best players in the world, although he was very much excellent in that functioning team yes. Same as Sneijder. I think it's ridiculous to have these kinds of players show up at the top of "best player of the year" just because they happened to win stuff, they should recieve the tournament awards at most (it makes some sense to choose players from the teams of the final, even though they don't have to be the best players). Jorginho isn't a top 5 player of the world.

Forlan was one who actually looked like a very great player 2010, almost almost able to compete with Messi just by how dominant he looked in the world cup, but Messi has of course been the best in the world every year since 2007 with maybe one or two exceptions. A parked bus and a disallowed Krkic goal doesn't make a Sneijder who put soap in the brazilian keepers gloves a better player that year.

malvolio

Sorry for the bad timing, that was one of the worst finals I watched as I remember. Maybe it was better in person of course...

Milito wasn't ever in the top 50 of best players in the world, although he was very much excellent in that functioning team yes. Same as Sneijder. I think it's ridiculous to have these kinds of players show up at the top of "best player of the year" just because they happened to win stuff, they should recieve the tournament awards at most (it makes some sense to choose players from the teams of the final, even though they don't have to be the best players). Jorginho isn't a top 5 player of the world.

Forlan was one who actually looked like a very great player 2010, almost almost able to compete with Messi just by how dominant he looked in the world cup, but Messi has of course been the best in the world every year since 2007 with maybe one or two exceptions. A parked bus and a disallowed Krkic goal doesn't make a Sneijder who put soap in the brazilian keepers gloves a better player that year.

Couldn't do much about it. Decision to book tickets for final was taken while watching a group game with some friends. We then had to wait to see if we get the tickets as there is a lottery and later on we found out who plays the final. Would have been immense if Barca had got past Inter as that would've meant they won the final at the Bernabeu. Wasn't to be I guess.

Otherwise I've enjoyed myself. Sat near the Bayern fans who were great.

Milito was very good good that year and for me he stood out in the final.

ItachiXXX

Congrats to Leo for his 7th!

Imagine we had people in this forum last season who not only said he was a massive problem for us but even argued he was WOAT level. In a season he managed to win the BDor. And even if many won't agree with that award, at least it's evident for everyone he was a top contender for it. Also, we would be better without him, as many said.

Every "expert analyst" in this forum has been proven categorically wrong. Time for some humble pie.

Sergei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans