Yusuf Demir

mc_lovin

First of all he needs time. You can see he's still not physically developed enough for first division football.

Never a good sign when (young) players just bounce off defenders.

Last edited:

serghei

First of all he needs time. You can see he's still not physically developed enough for first division football.

Never a good sign when (young) players just bounce off defenders.

True. If he doesn't improve in the next few games we need to make a step back with this one. Anyway, Fati and Dembele will soon recover so there will be 2 spots less in attack. Hopefully they will be fine and stay fit, this will improve us a lot.

This is basically our back-up front trio we're playing due to injuries.

Messi983

Looks like Koeman has quickly lost trust in him. Should have really been registered for Barca B and play there regularly.

ajnotkeith

Koeman is an idiot lol. Give him a first-team number for what?

He went from starting him and giving him tons of minutes to putting Frenkie RW over him

BBZ8800

Koeman is an idiot lol. Give him a first-team number for what?

He went from starting him and giving him tons of minutes to putting Frenkie RW over him

He was a sub in Austrian league.
Not that we are much better, but it is not as if we bought a new Messi.

Probably the next Halilovic, or slightly worse.

Halilovic at least fooled people here for the first 18-24 Months and they defended him a lot.
With this guy, more or less everyone has already given up.
That says something.

Bobo32

Halilovic at least fooled people here for the first 18-24 Months and they defended him a lot.
That says something.

You are very hungup on this croatian former wonderkid, whom I think played 30min all in all for Barcelona A. He had decent highlights though.

Koeman fell in love with Demir, just like many users on this forum, after he played pretty energetically for a couple of preseason games. It looks to have been very premature to put him in the senior squad, he was truly shit for a couple of his real games, a player with no vices almost, he should really use a lot of playing time, preferrably for Barcelona B.

ajnotkeith

That says something.

Well we initially bought him as a prospect for the B team on loan not a first-team starter. Our scouting department obv saw he's raw after watching him for a year and that he needs work but Laporta and Koeman's hubris have needlessly landed him in the first-team.

Most of the youth given chances this season will not be established under a next manager and I think we will see Nico/Demir drop out of Koeman's radar entirely soon. A shame Demir cannot play for Barca B. They both need development not to be in the first-team when they are clearly not ready.

ajnotkeith

You are very hungup on this croatian former wonderkid, whom I think played 30min all in all for Barcelona A. He had decent highlights though.

Koeman fell in love with Demir, just like many users on this forum, after he played pretty energetically for a couple of preseason games. It looks to have been very premature to put him in the senior squad, he was truly shit for a couple of his real games, a player with no vices almost, he should really use a lot of playing time, preferrably for Barcelona B.

Very impressionable and childish manager. He can have complete confidence in you and it can be gone after a few games. Konrad who you like looked like he would win a first-team spot last year after being included in some CL squads but oh well. Wish the board would have predicted this

Bobo32

Very impressionable and childish manager. He can have complete confidence in you and it can be gone after a few games. Konrad who you like looked like he would win a first-team spot last year after being included in some CL squads but oh well. Wish the board would have predicted this

Yeah, extremely obvious who is on Koemans good list and bad list.
I think it is much better for a manager to not have these lists, but get the most out of every player.
Konrad isn't really someone I like a lot, but he was underused last year I thought, he has obvious qualities that could've helped a lot in some situations.

BBZ8800

Because we have watched that movie 10s of times in the last few years.

Yusuf was a wild bet, like Marlon.
A cheap player.
If he makes it = awesome.
If not = we'll resell him for the same price.

But again, expecting anything from a player who was a sub in the Austrian league is really being slightly too optimistic.

All big clubs are scouting young players.
And it seems that we are left behind in that process.

Bobo32

Because we have watched that movie 10s of times in the last few years.

Yusuf was a wild bet, like Marlon.
A cheap player.
If he makes it = awesome.
If not = we'll resell him for the same price.

But again, expecting anything from a player who was a sub in the Austrian league is really being slightly too optimistic.

All big clubs are scouting young players.
And it seems that we are left behind in that process.

I feel this is a windmill, as many of your points. A windmill and a strawman.
I don't think that many put that much hope on neither Halilovic or Marlon, I surely did not. But if people really did, then well... Halilovic can't be said to having been given the chance prematurely, though.

Home of Barca Fans