User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: La Liga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Huesca 4-1

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Job done. Move on
    Sure, it's Huesca but don't tell me you didn't enjoy those golazos.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    They attacked a lot after the third goal and we struggled to dispossess them, did you watch the game?
    Yes. Saw them with 5 at the back all game pretty much.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't end up drawing against the bottom club in La Liga and that's that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the best of games IMO.
    3 golazos by Messi and Griezman, BUT

- We didn't create enough big chances, only De Jong's after his run into the box. Huesca, on the contrary, created 2 huge chances (apart from the ridiculous PK). They out-chance-ed us it means.

- The above was the outcome of less defensive control and less attacking penetration than all the previous games: They parked their double Decker bus really well, and the few times they broke they did it effectively.

- I think the problem is with the 3-5-2/3-4-3:
    It looks ideal when you play a quality opponent (our best games of the season against Sevilla twive and PSG), since it creates conditions of defensive stability with the positioning of the players on the pitch
    It does not keep the balance between attack and defense against less quality opponents that tend to defend massively inside the box: it invites more of our players to storm forward leaving gaps that can be exploited.
    I think the 4-3-3 in the second hald worked better against them.

We will see, but I am happy that Koeman and his assistants do not become complacent and still play around formations and approaches

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Sure, it's Huesca but don't tell me you didn't enjoy those golazos.
    OFC I did It was an entertaining match. Just the one I needed after a looooong day. I expected a big margin win.
    I do fear of RSociedad away... they are cunts.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom of the table but remarkable how technical the team is, they shared possession percentage with Barca at Camp Nou and got into dangerous scoring positions with ease - simply couldn't convert

That, for me, was a highlight of how different Spanish & English leagues are in terms of football - Sheffield United is never going to play like that
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    That, for me, was a highlight of how different Spanish & English leagues are in terms of football - Sheffield United is never going to play like that
    Not wanting to take anything away from Huesca (who should not be in the relegation zone anyway), this is simply not true.
    The games of the top4 in LaLiga against teams from 8th-20th position are most of the times easy cruise, unless the team itself is not in a decent shape.

On the contrary, in EPL top-7 have to struggle to win even against the bottom 3.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not avidly following the EPL but how did Sheffield United turn from finishing 9th and at one point near CL qualification to the shit they are this season.

On the side of the table West Ham were 16th last year and lingering with relegation in the final games and now sit 5th.
    FCB11

----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huesca looked to good to be last though. I hope they make it.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the first game since Betis where Barcelona actually lost the expected goal stat. Can't really count on goals like those from Messi or Griezmann!