European Super League

KingLeo10

Per the times article which I think sources info previously published by BBC and talksport format is:
- two groups of 10 teams each, everyone plays each other home & away
- 4 best teams advance to QFs in the knockout format
- knockouts are 2 legged till the final
- matches to be played in midweek as to permit for national league participation

Basically designed to take out UEFA from the equation.

Apparently income from TV & sponsorship will prioritise the founders: 32.5% to 15 founding teams, 32.5% between all 20 teams participating, 20% according to sporting achievement, 15% on marketing potential.
RM and Barcelona to receive 27M GBP
There is supposed to be a wage and transfer limit overseen by a 3rd party.

Thanks. And sounds like way too many games for a given football season...23 potential games on top of national league and national cup games is asking for injury crises.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't see how these 12 clubs can get around all the bans from FIFA, UEFA and national leagues and go ahead with this. Will the money received from the Super League be enough to sustain from not participating in both the CL and the domestic leagues? I don't think so. Matchday alone will make these teams lose a ton of money as they will have a lot less games without the domestic league games. Players will revolt as well since they will want to play in the World Cup, Euro and Copa America etc.

Just shoot this down already.

Messigician

You are only against it because Florentino is running the show?

Yes.

I do not like champions league format.

I prefer domestic league.

And then once a week European league. My proposition is each team only plays eachother once on neutral ground around Europe.

Will give revenue boost to smaller clubs. More certain the better team wins not lucky draws or whatever. And we get more interesting games without having to make it each team plays eachother twice

Morten

I don't see how these 12 clubs can get around all the bans from FIFA, UEFA and national leagues and go ahead with this. Will the money received from the Super League enough to sustain from not participating in both the CL and the domestic leagues? I don't think so. Matchday alone will make these teams lose a ton of money as they will have a lot less games without the domestic league games. Players will revolt as well since they will want to play in the World Cup, Euro and Copa America etc.

Just shoot this down already.

They may shoot it down, for a while, but personally, it feels like its only a matter of time before this thing becomes a reality.

I have little faith in FIFA and UEFA keeping this up for an extended period of time, eventually they will cave, i reckon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes.

I do not like champions league format.

I prefer domestic league.

And then once a week European league. My proposition is each team only plays eachother once on neutral ground around Europe.

Will give revenue boost to smaller clubs. More certain the better team wins not lucky draws or whatever. And we get more interesting games without having to make it each team plays eachother twice

Do you like the new CL model UEFA is proposing, supposedly unveiling tomorrow? The Swiss model?

Messigician

I have no respect for UEFA or FIFA as institutions but you'd have to be clinically insane to think a league devised by JP Morgan, the Glazers and FSG will be any better.

Disgusting idea by disgusting people

El Gato

Villarato!
Why are you amoebas still discussing it in a thread you made just cuz you didn't see the other one which talks about the same thing but in a different name?
[MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] sort these guys out, they're being braindead

Messigician

Why are you amoebas still discussing it in a thread you made just cuz you didn't see the other one which talks about the same thing but in a different name?
[MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] sort these guys out, they're being braindead

How can you even see this thread when I'm your ignore list. Buzz off you old fart.

Messigician

Yeah, just lock this.

The title is too confusing.

What even is a FIFa premier league... ESP is behind it, FIFA is in opposition and it's called the super league not premier...

What a confusing mess I hope mods do not listen to hold the L Wolfe

F1_STK

Barcelona joins (?) Super League

Bar?a signed the approval of joining the Super League this Saturday, before the Copa del Rey final. [Mundo Deportivo]

🔥 UEFA threatens to take action against teams and players who participate in the Super League.
🔥 UEFA have confirmed that any team that joins the Super League will be banned from playing in their domestic Leagues, European or International level.
🔥 UEFA have also warned players involved could be BANNED from representing their country

Florentino Perez is the chairman of the European Super League . [Daily Mail Sport]

The 𝟭𝟮 teams who will participate in the European Super League:
🇪🇸 FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atl?tico Madrid.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Man City, Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham
🇮🇹 Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan.
[Mohamed Bouhafsi / RMC Sport]

Home of Barca Fans