European Super League

Newcomer

underdogs stories are too few and far between. it's all about the money for all clubs that enter the CL. do you think current ajax or atalanta care about the competition? they are licking their lips at the prospect of that cash coming in. just as fans fooling themselves that they are watching some top entertainment.

i've seen this too many times with romanian teams that just wanted a piece of the pie. and believe me, i was more ecstatic for a match in the uefa cup, were we really had a chance.

if you like football and competition a top 15 richest clubs free Europa League is your best bet. slavia prague would have maybe won this year's edition of EL if UEFA didn't dump in there the likes of Arsenal who are after that CL money spot guranteed by winning it.

i'm at peace with what clubs like barcelona or real have become. and i'm more interested in something different. if they want to fight it out every year for more money, why not? it happens anyway in the current CL, we're just getting rid of the false foreplay.
Do your SuperLeague without the founding members advantages and a more equally wealth share and i would be ok with it.

How is it competition when some clubs will play for nothing because they know they can't qualify for the "play-offs" and they can't be relegated either ? It is ICC summer friendly level of excitement.

Raketa10

Imo, Laporta is doing the right thing. Put yourself in his position. With leaving the decision to the socios, he is doing what a fan-owned club should do. On top of that, he is buying time the club desperately needs.

Audit is still not finished. Only after that they'll have the full picture of the financial situation. Then they should and will present the results to the socios. There will be different ways out of that mess. Some of them will mean that the club will face some dire years. That short-term debt is no joke, even if they manage to renegotiate the loans.

We will all agree that pulling out from that Super League is the right thing to do, from an ethical point of view. The reported sums of the super league would help the club to relax the monetary situation though. In the end it will be a hard decision and socios should decide which way they want the club to go.

Except the facr that Super League is gone after English clubs pulled out. :D

FCBfan22

Ok, Pique has spoken.

If Henderson, Shaw and Silva did it with their clubs, Pique will do it with us...

We leaving tomorrow.

xxxxxx

What makes me laugh about people like Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher is they're all laughing now, yet they work for the biggest scum of them all..... Sky. They overcharge for their product and they're happy to criticize the ESL, yet Sky is no better. UEFA, FIFA, Sky, BT can get fucked for me. They were happy to charge for matches during COVID. I have no doubt that BT and Sky would have been quick to snap the rights to broadcast those games if it went ahead.

KingLeo10

They're an abomination right now but circa 2007, you could make the case that they were the greatest club team in the history of the sport. Considering 5 of RM's titles were in the tinpot era.

Tragic what happened to them. But their own doing.

Givenchy

it's pretty incredible how fast this whole thing collapsed. would of thought these clubs had plans in place for the backlash. also strange to announce this super league before the end of the season when they could of avoided alot of the outrage at least in protests due to everyone being in lockdown here. Just seems like such a weird time to do this

Home of Barca Fans