Trincao (on loan)

MTL_Barca

Still a stupid deal. We're talking about EPL clubs full of money, should be a loan fee around 6-8m and buy option close to 40m so I could suport this deal more.

Or if we gave them that low buy option we should negotiate a buy-back at least.

Something of a similar case, Brahim Diaz will apparently return on loan to Milan (loan fee around 2m), Milan will have a buy option for 22m and RM a buy-back for 27m. This is really a no-lose situation for RM, if Brahim will develop well they can basically get him back not paying much and then either keep him or sell him for more profit. Don't understand why we can never negotiate similar deals.

Agree its not a good deal, but i guess that also just shows how desperate the board is to offload players. Easier to negotiate if you aren't in such a bad spot financially.

I'm a bit worried how this will affect the club longterm, making a bunch of terrible deals just to re-sign Messi spells trouble once we want to actually invest again. Good thing there are some promising young players, we'll need them more than ever.

Last edited:

Porque

Still a stupid deal. We're talking about EPL clubs full of money, should be a loan fee around 6-8m and buy option close to 40m so I could suport this deal more.

Or if we gave them that low buy option we should negotiate a buy-back at least.

Something of a similar case, Brahim Diaz will apparently return on loan to Milan (loan fee around 2m), Milan will have a buy option for 22m and RM a buy-back for 27m. This is really a no-lose situation for RM, if Brahim will develop well they can basically get him back not paying much and then either keep him or sell him for more profit. Don't understand why we can never negotiate similar deals.

Laporta wasn't really any good at selling in his first stint.

Apparantly Wolves got a free Ipad Pro with Trincao.

Messi983

Agree its not a good deal, but i guess that also just shows how desperate they are to offload players. Easier to negotiate if you aren't in such a bad spot financially.

I'm worried how this will affect the club longterm, making a bunch of terrible deals just to re-sign Messi spells trouble once we want to actually invest again. Good thing there are some promising young players, we'll need them more than ever.

One of the reasons why I've wanted to keep him under club control (which we've lost now with Wolves having buy option) is he has shown some promise and could improve by playing regularly. And he's also one of our few younger attacking players who we could build around in a year or two.

As I've said a few days ago I expect we'll have a pretty big turnover in attack over next few years. Messi (if he'll renew which I still believe he will), Kun, Memphis and Griezmann will almost surely all be gone in two years. Dembele very likely as well even if he renews as he just can't be seriously counted on. So Fati is the only one left and even he has some question marks after injury. So we'll potentially need 4-5 new attacking players and having someone like Trincao who is already somewhat adapted to the club while he'd also be getting experience in EPL next season would be good. Either way he's clearly not a player who Barca should be looking to offload (almost) permanently after just a season.

But even if the club has given up on him from a sporting perspective loaning for that low buy option (even in (post)-corona era 30m is not much for most EPL clubs) hardly means maximizing his value which should be our goal when it comes to a few younger players we have who are still desirable on the market (because we won't get much in return for older or injured and overpaid players). If he'll have a good season we could bring him back and give him another chance or easily sell for 40-50m to Wolves or another EPL club in a year. Now we have neither of those choices.

So from my personal POV (as someone who has always liked Trincao) I hope he'll do well to develop but not good enough for Wolves to buy him so he'll come back and be given a chance by our next coach as a better and more experienced player. We shouldn't forget he only has played about 6 months in Portuguese league before coming here.

Home of Barca Fans