8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Porque

This isn't even about Pedri anymore. The team isn't even running and working hard like they want to become Champion. A 18 year old is not going to work his ass off when your captain is choosing if and when to play, Pique is on holiday in difference and the rest of the seniors have the mental edge of candy floss inside jelly.

kattanib

Pedri is of the same soil of David Silva and Iniesta.. time will tell but I dont understand how you guys don?t see it. Barca and Spain managers see it and I am pretty sure they have a better read of the game than us

BusiTheKing

Game after game we have this guy on who just doesn't do anything. What did he do with his 50-60 passes today? What came of them?

He's a droning hum, just flowing with the temperament of the game. Not changing anything (for the better or the worse). A complete alibi player.

fergus90

I thought he was good first half bar the missed chances, moved the ball about well. Second half the whole midfield was a non-entity though.

kattanib

Game after game we have this guy on who just doesn't do anything. What did he do with his 50-60 passes today? What came of them?

He's a droning hum, just flowing with the temperament of the game. Not changing anything (for the better or the worse). A complete alibi player.

Watch his movements and responsibilities he takes among himself and calmness and decision making in a very very very sensitive area in the field where we have seen time after time Messi and Dembele cause dangerous counter attacks because they lose the ball there .. and then remind yourself that this is his first season in Barcelona and he is only 18 and was 17 in the first half of the season. Then and only then hopefully you will understand how tremendously lucky we are at Barca to have such a player in our team. We dont know what the future holds for Pedri, but we cannot have asked for a better indications in a youth player

https://youtu.be/_4kJtzddk7U

Bobo32

I thought he was good first half bar the missed chances, moved the ball about well. Second half the whole midfield was a non-entity though.

I'll keep an eye out for a passing map of this game. It would be interesting to see someone who's been negative about back/sideways passing defend it.
He actually did sprint once or twice today, but as usual it was mostly jogging, and easy passing. He had one little dribble and nutmeg to pass the ball backwards, and he scored 1/3 open goals.

I have nothing against a player that mostly play backwards, but Pedri doesn't even look up or seek something constructive most of the time...

BusiTheKing

Watch his movements and responsibilities he takes among himself and calmness and decision making in a very very very sensitive area in the field where we have seen time after time Messi and Dembele cause dangerous counter attacks because they lose the ball there .. and then remind yourself that this is his first season in Barcelona and he is only 18 and was 17 in the first half of the season. Then and only then hopefully you will understand how tremendously lucky we are at Barca to have such a player in our team. We dont know what the future holds for Pedri, but we cannot have asked for a better indications in a youth player

https://youtu.be/_4kJtzddk7U

Is this a meme thing or is it serious?

pregra

Never seen a 18 year old play so consistenly safe at all times. At that age you should enjoy and actually try some creative stuff. But no, backpasses and sideways passes en masse game after game.

BusiTheKing

I have to wonder if there are actually people out there watching fucking Levante blast through our midfield attack after attack and then in all seriousness go like "wauw, look at young Pedri's calmness in that pass back to Pique, what a sensitive area, what a precocious young player he is"

kattanib

Is this a meme thing or is it serious?

Tell me why would you think considering Pedri (a player who at the age of 18 earned a spot in the starting 11 of Barcelona and has played almost every single game as a starter and has started to play as well for the national team) as a great promising future star a joke?

kattanib

I have to wonder if there are actually people out there watching fucking Levante blast through our midfield attack after attack and then in all seriousness go like "wauw, look at young Pedri's calmness in that pass back to Pique, what a sensitive area, what a precocious young player he is"

Honestly, the lack of gratitude by some fans is shameful and disgraceful. You do not realize what you have in your hands

BusiTheKing

Tell me why would you think considering Pedri (a player who at the age of 18 earned a spot in the starting 11 of Barcelona and has played almost every single game as a starter and has started to play as well for the national team) as a great promising future star a joke?

I'm not really talking about his future right now mate. I'm judging a player who's starting every game according to how a player that's starting every game should be judged.

serghei

I feel like I've been watching a different game. In this first half, he was very good, like the Pedri from the first months in the season, and only the finishing let him down (I expect 2 goals from his chances in the first half at a minimum). It's just that physically he's burnt out. He had a major dropoff in the 2nd half.

Home of Barca Fans