8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

kattanib

Never seen a 18 year old play so consistenly safe at all times. At that age you should enjoy and actually try some creative stuff. But no, backpasses and sideways passes en masse game after game.

Yes sure so that you lose the ball and get counter attacks. Hey brother, do you remember what made Xavi and Iniesta and Busquets great midfielders? Guess what? They were reliable in midfield with the ball and don?t lose it that often .. that is the start .. and then they had great vision and distribution. Step by step Pedri is taking that path .. on the contrary someone who plays exactly like you have mentioned is Dembele who had an awful start because he kept losing the ball and playing his own game .. now that he became more respectful of the team and became calmer and taking safer decisions not to screw the team he has become more impactful imo

jairzinho

Never seen a 18 year old play so consistenly safe at all times. At that age you should enjoy and actually try some creative stuff. But no, backpasses and sideways passes en masse game after game.

Isn't that like a la masia thing? How many of our homegrown players can actually play vertically?. Push forward, take shots, be risky, aggressive etc? I know this kid is 18 but I get the feeling like this is the way he knows how to play. Safe, maintain possession but no shooting no aggression.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Isn't that like a la masia thing? How many of our homegrown players can actually play vertically?. Push forward, take shots, be risky, aggressive etc? I know this kid is 18 but I get the feeling like this is the way he knows how to play. Safe, maintain possession but no shooting no aggression.

He is not a La Masia product.

Also Pedri played well in the first half.

fergus90

Nah a La Masia thing is quick pass and move. Take the ball, pass the ball have possession but with purpose and intent. We've been playing a diet-Barca style at best for about 7 years.

Sterile, slow and static possession with the same old passing lanes and routines.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

I feel like I've been watching a different game. In this first half, he was very good, like the Pedri from the first months in the season, and only the finishing let him down (I expect 2 goals from his chances in the first half at a minimum). It's just that physically he's burnt out. He had a major dropoff in the 2nd half.

Well that's the epitome of his personality as a player. When the team is playing well, then he'll do his part smoothly. When the team is struggling, he won't do shit to change it.

Another player who just defaults to the flow of the game. Exactly the type of player we need fewer of.

BusiTheKing

at the heart of that personality is his skillset which is very very limited when it comes to doing anything abrasive or unpredictable

Bobo32

Nah a La Masia thing is quick pass and move. Take the ball, pass the ball have possession but with purpose and intent. We've been playing a diet-Barca style at best for about 7 years.

Sterile, slow and static possession with the same old passing lanes and routines.

I have said since the beginning, he doesn't see enough. It's right to play safe, but you need to play correctly when the opening appears.
This season is the first since maybe 7 years ago that Barcelona consisted of mostly technical and intelligent players, but they were badly managed and set up in the wrong way.

kattanib

Well that's the epitome of his personality as a player. When the team is playing well, then he'll do his part smoothly. When the team is struggling, he won't do shit to change it.

Another player who just defaults to the flow of the game. Exactly the type of player we need fewer of.
I dont know how old you are but back in the days difference makers and great players shined at around the age of 26 upwards.. all the marketing shit nowadays have put false expectations on youngsters. What do you expect from an 18 years old?

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] you are a well respected forum member here and I have the gut feeling that you believe what is being said about Pedri is utter bullshit. If so, you have the responsibility to speak up your mind and screw what the sheep herd in the forum think.

fergus90

I dont know how old you are but back in the days difference makers and great players shined at around the age of 26 upwards.. all the marketing shit nowadays have put false expectations on youngsters. What do you expect from an 18 years old?

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] you are a well respected forum member here and I have the gut feeling that you believe what is being said about Pedri is utter bullshit. If so, you have the responsibility to speak up your mind and screw what the sheep herd in the forum think.

Plenty of people rate him, including the national team manager. Every player has his critics, even Lionel Messi at one point was said to be worse than Martin fucking Braithwaite :lol:

kattanib

Plenty of people rate him, including the national team manager. Every player has his critics, even Lionel Messi at one point was said to be worse than Martin fucking Braithwaite :lol:

It has been a shitty day honestly, this Pedri talk just made me lose it. Its like I am addicted to this forum even though I know its not good for me as I tend to disagree with the opinion of the majority in here

fergus90

It has been a shitty day honestly, this Pedri talk just made me lose it. Its like I am addicted to this forum even though I know its not good for me as I tend to disagree with opinion of the majority in here

Understandable, nothing quite like a Barcelona collapse to pile on the misery either. I'd say you're in the vast majority that rate him very highly though so wouldn't get too worked up about it :cheers:

BusiTheKing

It's the marketing! The marketing industry is proliferating the false idea that attacking players have to contribute towards scoring goals in order to be good players. In reality they just need to be calm and sensible. That's how you won games back in the day. By out-calming the opponent.

No but to be serious, I already told you. I don't care how old he is. This is not a discussion of his potential. This is a judgement of his value right now for the team, since, you know, he's playing every game.

hardyboy

His finishing is worse than Timo Werner. Even sunday league players has better finishing. Can't believe most of the forum members are warming up to this guy as the future. If he is the future, our future will be as dark as tonight.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans