Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If the league doesn't give in, Messi leaves and the club's statement checks out.

On the other hand, if the league cracks, we sign Messi under new circumstances.

Don't think this harms Barca's brand all that much.

Hope you are right. At the end of day when it comes to everything we discuss here, the interest of the club "ueber alles". :p

Horatio

You're welcome
I have reached the stage of acceptance and prepared for all scenarios. Wish him the best. Hope he can build further on his legacy. Except for when PSG meets Barca.

Messigician

La Liga is worth less without Messi. Bar?a know it, Messi knows it, Tebas knows it and the other clubs know it. Bar?a try to force La Liga to "re-adjust" salary limits "for the common good". [@Borja_Pardo]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi leaving is good for Barca long term:

1) Messi is 34 years old
2) He takes up an enormous amount of wages, his departure will solve the financial crisis
3) Barca can build for the future with the young talents de Jong, Pedri, Fati, Ilaix etc and some signings, no more "win now" bullshit
4) Barca can have a team of young players that can press, which is essential in modern football (Messi's work rate hindered Barca in the CL)
5) Some players can express themselves more and take on a more protagonistic role, Griezmann comes to mind. He likes to operate in Messi's spaces
6) His departure is putting pressure on Tebas and will pave the way for the Super League, which long term is what is needed for Barca. If current trends continue the PL and PSG will leave other big clubs behind fianancially

Messigician

Lionel Messi has made direct contact with Mauricio Pochettino to initiate a move to PSG. The French club are holding internal discussions on how to make it happen. [@AdamCrafton_]

I sleep, there's 0 chance Tebes doesn't cave to this sort of pressure

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi at PSG would be a shit show. Sounds insane on paper, but I don't think it works.

Depends on how much Neymar is willing to give up IMO.

I think Neymar will yield to make it work given he's the one who seem to want to play with Messi again the most.

Messi & Neymar having a pacy Mbappe to run in behind could work like the original MSN trio, somewhat.

kattanib

Messi leaving is good for Barca long term:

1) Messi is 34 years old
2) He takes up an enormous amount of wages, his departure will solve the financial crisis
3) Barca can build for the future with the young talents de Jong, Pedri, Fati, Ilaix etc and some signings, no more "win now" bullshit
4) Barca can have a team of young players that can press, which is essential in modern football (Messi's work rate hindered Barca in the CL)
5) Some players can express themselves more and take on a more protagonistic role, Griezmann comes to mind. He likes to operate in Messi's spaces
6) His departure is putting pressure on Tebas and will pave the way for the Super League, which long term is what is needed for Barca. If current trends continue the PL and PSG will leave other big clubs behind fianancially

This is called rationalization. You are coming with positive reasons so that your mind can accept Messi departure and adapt. I have good news for you, this is all a one big drama to pressure Tebas

iniestaGOAT

He is gone. PSG it is. I guess most of us will only be wtching him in the champions league now cause no one wants to watch farmers league.

Home of Barca Fans