Emerson

CatalinR10

So what's the deal with this guy again ?

Is he our player , is he returning , was he on loan ? Do we have to pay for anything ?

xXKonan

He belongs both to us and Betis aka a 50/50 ownership and he's technically on loan to Betis.

But Betis owns half of Emerson, so in technical terms, he can come back here for free from on loan and we don't have to pay a thing, however in order to own him outright we have to pay the rest of the 50% off which is 8 Million. Co-ownership deals are banned but this is just another way to weasel around the rules.

khaled_a_d

He belongs both to us and Betis aka a 50/50 ownership and he's technically on loan to Betis.

But Betis owns half of Emerson, so in technical terms, he can come back here for free from on loan and we don't have to pay a thing, however in order to own him outright we have to pay the rest of the 50% off which is 8 Million. Co-ownership deals are banned but this is just another way to weasel around the rules.

There is no 50-50.
It is just complicated operation of buy rights to cook the books.
We pay 12M, he is ours

Andresito

Staff member
There is no 50-50.
It is just complicated operation of buy rights to cook the books.
We pay 12M, he is ours

Yes. I'm not sure, but I think we bought him for 12m, then directly sold him to Betis for 6m with a 9m buy back and probably with a 50% on future sale. In other words not a loan.

I don't know what happens if we don't pay those 9m, maybe Betis get to keep him but we still have that 50%?

According to Transfermarkt we have an option to buy further 30% beyond the initial 50%. That'd mean Betis would only get 20% from a future sale.

I think it's a bit complicated, but at the same time not. All just speculation

Porque

Typical Bartomeu deal with alot of grey. But atleast this time he got a player from South America that is LaLiga quality and may be a solution for us.

If not he seems the type of fullback that can make a push in Serie A like Theo did after failing at Madrid.

Messi983

[@AdriaAlbets First place medal] | More Details: Betis say that Barca have until the end of this month to announce that they are buying Emerson. Bar?a have told Emerson that he can play with Brazil in the Copa America or the Olympics.

Well, if this is true then I guess we'll find out soon. Although I assume Barca could also send some papers to Betis confirming to them we'll bring him back but we still won't publicly announce his transfer before July.

vuji_31

Reports saying he is coming here, griezmann is going, roberto also...

Finnaly some good transfer news f?in paat 4 years

Andresito

Staff member
Emerson is trying to obtain a Spanish passport, meaning he won't occupy an non-eu spot in the team. This could help Bar?a deciding. Emerson wants to play for Barcelona, but hopes to be a starter. [sport]

khaled_a_d

Emerson is trying to obtain a Spanish passport, meaning he won't occupy an non-eu spot in the team. This could help Bar?a deciding. Emerson wants to play for Barcelona, but hopes to be a starter. [sport]

Do we even have any other non-eu in the squad? Fernandes is the only one I am sure off and he ain't staying

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

We should keep him rather than sell

Home of Barca Fans