Ilaix Moriba

JamDav1982

In another time Laporta will pay big money to top rated 16 year olds if that is what takes to keep them at club.

Dont kid yourself.

If Gavi was out of contract this summer club would pay a fortune to keep him under normal circumstances.

Laportas decisions are driven by the current financial issues more than anything.

Porque

In another time Laporta will pay big money to top rated 16 year olds if that is what takes to keep them at club.

Dont kid yourself.

If Gavi was out of contract this summer club would pay a fortune to keep him under normal circumstances.

Laportas decisions are driven by the current financial issues more than anything.

This, but we don't know the terms of negotiation and how close the paper talks were to reality. I don't think they would be as one sided as the rags made them sound.

It seems Ilaix agent overplayed his hands and expected Barcelona to cave into the demands for one of their youth players though.

But I do wonder, would Ilaix have accepted a deal to have the same wage with it increasing next season?

We could effectively lose Sergi Roberto and increase Ilaix wage next year. I would prefer that option.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
All of this is on Bartomeu for binning the model by which youth players are meant to develop, favoring the big names and trying to entice their staying by dangling big contracts. THAT is not the way La Masia has been founded much less used

Moriba sees big money and in football there will always be bigger offers, you have to decide for yourself what you value

#Mes

Raketa10

Ungrateful kid with brainless parents. He will probably underachieve like many similars fools before him did. If money is the most important thing for this 18y old kid than we shouldn't bother with him anymore. Just let him rot on the stands for the next 12 months.

Rassvet

Ungrateful kid with brainless parents. He will probably underachieve like many similars fools before him did. If money is the most important thing for this 18y old kid than we shouldn't bother with him anymore. Just let him rot on the stands for the next 12 months.

The amount of hate and racial stereotypes thrown around in here is shameful. It seems like he has a chance to earn several times more money in a better team under a much better coach. Nothing brainless about him taking that offer.

Raketa10

The amount of hate and racial stereotypes thrown around in here is shameful. It seems like he has a chance to earn several times more money in a better team under a much better coach. Nothing brainless about him taking that offer.

Racial stereotypes? You are a complete moron.

ajnotkeith

Not gonna lie I do see some logic behind the reports that Ilaix's entourage thought Barca didn't want him to renew, and feel that some of the reports coming out about what he has been offered may be unreliable. There has been a deluge of fake news surrounding Barca transfers and renewals in recent weeks and no reason to think that this is an exception, look at what Laporta has done so far with transfers, he has sold off/loaned our younger players and B players (Collado, Todibo, Trincao, Manaj, Firpo, now possibly Moriba) and not managed to shift any high earners. I suspect the club find the 20m-30m more attractive then renewing him

Last edited:

Rassvet

Not gonna lie I do see some logic behind the reports that Ilaix's entourage thought Barca didn't want him to renew, and feel that some of the reports coming out about what he has been offered may be unreliable. There has been a deluge of fake news surrounding Barca transfers and renewals in recent weeks and no reason to think that this is an exception, look at what Laporta has done so far with transfers, he has sold off/loaned our younger players and B players and not managed to shift any high earners. I suspect the club find the 20m-30m more attractive then renewing him

interesting theory

Birdy

Laporta never gave big contracts if you recall his first spell.
Rossell and then Barto followed down that route.

His stance on Moriba is paradigmatic.
"If you want more money, you can FSO and go wherever the hell you like"
1) Barca is not only about money
2) If Koeman hadn't given him the chances and minutes last season, there would be 0 decent clubs interested in him.

But he can't have it both ways.
He can't use the club to get his free transfer next summer.

EITHER renew on club's terms

OR bring an offer according to the club's valuation, and leave immediately

OR rot for 1 year with the Juvenil A and then FSO

Home of Barca Fans