Phil Foden

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Stockport Iniesta is his nickname but I see no similarities. Foden is a player of the attacking third, and his G+A contributions will be massive throughout his career. He is more of a versatile attacker like Reus.

vegitot

Stockport Iniesta is his nickname but I see no similarities. Foden is a player of the attacking third, and his G+A contributions will be massive throughout his career. He is more of a versatile attacker like Reus.

Probably their technique but even young Iniesta was better in that aspect. Foden involes more in goals though.

Andresito

Staff member

Man Reus was one of my favourite players. A shame he got that injury that made him miss out the WC in 2014. Hasn't been the same player ever since.

fergus90

This lad is just on another level. I don't usually get too giddy about our Euro hopes but we have got some serious talents now.

eaman

I see other similarities in the way they play. He manipulates the ball in a similar enough way with both feet. There was one unbelievable bit of skill against villa where he took the ball down brilliantly and beat his man in almost one flowing movement that reminded me of iniesta

vegitot

Defeat both Halaand and Mbappe to the final. People think these two will be players of future and Ballon Dor winner soon but my money on Foden.

Andresito

Staff member
Pep's been criticized for how he's treated Foden all these seasons, saying how he's the most talented player but always benched him. Bearing fruit now. What a wonderful development curve he's had.

Very rare that impactful players also are versatile, he can literally play any position in front of the DM.

Jenks

I actually think the hype is going a little bit overboard. He's getting the benefit of being seen as a midfielder when in reality he's playing as a wide forward. Today people are talking about him being in double figures for goals and assists, which is great, but Sancho who is the same age as him has been doing that for three seasons straight. You put Sancho in that City team and he'll get you 40+G/A every season. The real test for Foden will be when he has to actually learn his trade and be a competent #8, which surely has to be his destination, despite Pep not trusting him as much in that position so far.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I actually think the hype is going a little bit overboard. He's getting the benefit of being seen as a midfielder when in reality he's playing as a wide forward. Today people are talking about him being in double figures for goals and assists, which is great, but Sancho who is the same age as him has been doing that for three seasons straight. You put Sancho in that City team and he'll get you 40+G/A every season. The real test for Foden will be when he has to actually learn his trade and be a competent #8, which surely has to be his destination, despite Pep not trusting him as much in that position so far.

I've been watching City since Pep arrived and I don't agree with this, he is a midfielder as well as a player who can play out wide like D.Silva - it's a very apropos comparison really

I think he is excellent with a huge future but I also thought this of Sterling and his development has effectively stalled. Talent is one thing, desire & mentality is another and Phil seems to be ambitious & serious about his career so there's reason to be hyped. Whether that translates to superstardom remains to be seen. More fail to live up to the hype than meet or exceed it as a general rule but he still could become the most influential English player of last decade or two

Home of Barca Fans