Kylian Mbappé

Morten

Well Ok, better than Messi? No. But Mbappe might edge 23-year-old CR? He has more pace, a better dribbler and close-control. And a natural, instinctive finisher. I`d say he is better than the Man Utd Ronaldo.

Faster? How did you come to that conclusion, CR was also rapid, so its more of a tie.

Co0ter

On raw talent, by far the best player since Messi. By far. Mbappe of 23 against Messi and CR. Is he actually better than when both of those were that age?

Messi at 23 was unplayable. Every week he did something unbelievable either in league or Europe. Current Mbappe is a nobody compared to 22-25 year old Messi.

Tackle

Cristiano had 31 Premier League goals at age 23 and won the PL + CL double. Mbappe does not compare. Messi comparisons are even more absurd.

feggydinho

Cristiano had 31 Premier League goals at age 23 and won the PL + CL double. Mbappe does not compare. Messi comparisons are even more absurd.

Mbappe actually compares in terms of goals, plus he has a world cup which he was very much involved in. He also has more goals and assist than Ronaldo and Messi at that age, but he hasn't won any ballondor or fifa best player.

Joan

Don't think he's close to Ronaldo or Messi at that age individually. But that's just me.

serghei

Of course he isn't. He is decisive in moments, but not at the level of Messi and Ronaldo. He is also much more spoiled than Messi or Ronaldo, who at younger age where part of great teams filled with elite players, that didn't really satisfy all of their moods and swings. PSG are partly to blame for Mbappe being so spoiled prematurely. He is the best player on his team since 2 years ago really, and this made him act up far too soon. I for one am glad as a Barca fan. Real Madrid would have made a beast of a player at the highest possible level out of him because he has all the needed tools frankly. But PSG could very well fuck it up, and before you know it he's 28 having achieved nothing major at club level :lol:. Like the attacking version of Verratti in a way.

Guy hasn't won anything big for PSG, and he's treated as if he already delivered the promise land.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Messi was 23 in 10/11. Which is a consensus GOAT level season. 53 goals + 20-22 assists.

Dominant as fuck in CL and LL.

Mbappe is a couple levels below that. But no shame there.

serghei

Messi was 23 in 10/11. Which is a consensus GOAT level season. 53 goals + 20-22 assists.

Dominant as fuck in CL and LL.

Mbappe is a couple levels below that. But no shame there.

He's a level below even 34 years old Benzema, and that should be a problem. But PSG and Mbappe don't seem to care much.

jamrock

Too many people comparing too many players to Ronaldo & Messi.

These are undoubtedly, 100% two of the top 7 players that have ever kicked a football and one of the main reasons why is just how dominant they have been from a young age.

SmilerBam

Well Ok, better than Messi? No. But Mbappe might edge 23-year-old CR? He has more pace, a better dribbler and close-control. And a natural, instinctive finisher. I`d say he is better than the Man Utd Ronaldo.

You say he is better than Ronaldo who won the Balon D'Or at United? Good grace, Ronaldo's final years at United were spectacular, i think he was at his best then. No way this overrated ninja turtle is better than Ronaldo's prime. I hate the botoxman too, but not this much. In 2009, in the final, i was scared shitless of Ronaldo. I don't even care if we face Mbappe.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Too many people comparing too many players to Ronaldo & Messi.

These are undoubtedly, 100% two of the top 7 players that have ever kicked a football and one of the main reasons why is just how dominant they have been from a young age.

Messi easy top 3 all time along with Pele and Maradona. CR7 easy top 6 along with DiStefano and Cruyff.

SmilerBam

I mean, for someone who really knows football, i don't think he will say that Mbappe is even more talented than Henry. Let's not forget what kind of defenders Henry faced, and what kind of defences(even in CL) Mbappe does.

Home of Barca Fans