Kylian Mbappé

Blackened

Will Mbappe be better than CR? He certainly has more natural talent and raw ability. If he stays focused and doesnt go to the Neymar mode, I think he might eventually pass Cristianos level. Messi? No chance.

Givenchy

Will Mbappe be better than CR? He certainly has more natural talent and raw ability. If he stays focused and doesnt go to the Neymar mode, I think he might eventually pass Cristianos level. Messi? No chance.

Define better. I would prefer young Mbappe to a young Ronaldo from what i've seen thus far. Trophy-wise, atleast club level, I doubt Mbappe will get anywhere near Ronaldo but he already has a world cup.

KingLeo10

Will Mbappe be better than CR?

Lol no.

Mbappe's ceiling is more Thierry Henry level. Brilliant, brilliant player and all time great but CR7 is a top 5 player all time and Messi a top 1 (at worst top 3 with Pele and Maradona as is usually mentioned) all time. There's many, many levels to this game.

Last edited:

Tackle

Depends on what you mean by level. There have been other players that have had similar peak season(s) to Ronaldo's. Mbappe may be able to reach that. As for the statistical dominance over a long period of time, it's almost impossible. He would have to score 50+ goals for 12 consecutive seasons from this point onward to match Cristiano's career output.

FinBarcelonafan

Adama is one of the world best dribblers but he doesn't do much else. Mbappe never even gave me idea of a great dribbler. If I think great dribbler I think Messi/Neymar.

So kind of a weird comparison anyway.

Mbappe is all about explosive speed and great finishing. He has become better passer/playmaker in tbe past few years though. Maybe better dribbler too.

Jadentheman

Lol no.

Mbappe's ceiling is more Thierry Henry level. Brilliant, brilliant player and all time great but CR7 is a top 5 player all time and Messi a top 1 (at worst top 3 with Pele and Maradona as is usually mentioned) all time. There's many, many levels to this game.

The tier after world class is legendary tier, These are players that will be remembered for decades and always inspire players.

Laplacian

These players technique is GOAT level :p

I rate peak Ney over him currently but im amazed about his development, compared to the Mbappe of 2 years ago he looks like a new player imo. Since the hattrick against Barca he is on fire.

No, I still don't think his technique is anything to write home about. It pales in comparison to the technique of say, Emre Mor, and he's definitely not a "goat" level player. People just need to understand technique isn't the be all and end all of football, you can be great and still be average or 'barely above' average in technique.

slicknick

Yeah players with average technique like Thomas Muller

Haha, agreed? People seem to overreact on his technique? Sure, he may not have the ball control of Ronaldinho, Leo or Ney; but he is no Thomas Muller, Jan Koller or Oliver Bierhoff either

vegitot

Raw talent Mbappe can reach Penaldo, he has more but still stays in Ligue 1. He will waste at least 2 years there. He needs to play at higher/tougher level to move forward.

slicknick

First time I see Henry having an English analysis of his playing style... (the video is from March, but oh well, recently posted so I just see it now)

Blackened

On raw talent, by far the best player since Messi. By far. Mbappe of 23 against Messi and CR. Is he actually better than when both of those were that age?

mc_lovin

On raw talent, by far the best player since Messi. By far. Mbappe of 23 against Messi and CR. Is he actually better than when both of those were that age?

Oh boy :lol:

Neymar was also a much ebtter talent, but I am 99.9% sure Mbappe will have the better career.

Home of Barca Fans