FC Barcelona Finances

Porque

What is the source of this info? Doesn't even make much sense tbh.

Makes sense from the perspective of the investors to try and input this clause. Why invest in a product which could be devalued with another league formation?

But of course, they can not expect the clubs (Barca/Madrid) to agree to these terms who have their self interests to put first. LaLiga has made it clear that their interests are not aligned with Barca/Madrids.

Porque

“I don’t feel responsible for not fulfilling an electoral promise. We did agree a deal with Messi, but we could not register that agreement because of the wage cap. People to blame? The numbers the previous board made public were not right, they were much worse as the audit said”

How fucked are we in Reality?

It is true though. The Messi wage is astronomical for a player of his age. Of course he is the best in the world, but not worth that amount at his age and in the current global climate to a club without a cameldaddy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Show me another club that are going to post losses as much as ours for last season? COVID or not, 487m is ridiculous.

COVID is a poor excuse at this point.

Devils

Mark Pratts (Laporteriabtv): Since this morning, intensive calls have been made to the offices of the Camp Nou from sponsors NIKE and Rakuten - Barcelona broke the agreement - huge sums were paid for Messi's appearance - there will be huge losses on the way

Devils

Messi is an Adidas athlete, Nike are paying for ambush marketing and it's their fault.:lol:

Bruh, like a huge percentage of the money Nike was making off the kit spnsorship was through Messi shirt sales.

They are gonna lose a ton of a money off of this.

I mean let's be realistic, ain't nobody rushing to buy Frenkie De Jong jersey lol.

Windhook

I mean let's be realistic, ain't nobody rushing to buy Frenkie De Jong jersey lol.

Yeah, but who cares? Nike are still paying the whole sum. If they terminate the contract then Barca'd switch to Adidas. Messi is GOAT, but nobody is irreplaceable.

Mitchell1978

Yeah, but who cares? Nike are still paying the whole sum.

depends on the contract, If Messi staying was a condition for the contract or parts of it then no they are not going to pay the whole sum

Wondering if the 487 million euro losses takes into account sponsors leaving or penalizing Barca for Messi leaving...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Show me another club that are going to post losses as much as ours for last season? COVID or not, 487m is ridiculous.

COVID is a poor excuse at this point.

I want to see some numbers, they'd be publishing the details soon or whenever the audit is done (I thought it was going to be completed in July?). 487m loss from one season is mind-boggling and inexplicable. I want to know if this 487m "loss" means reduction in revenue from what was expected or the financial term "loss", which is the difference between revenue and expenses.

I can understand we received zero from matchday, which account for around 150m. OK we lost money from the museum and the shops. Where did the rest 330m or so of loss come from? Did all of our sponsors stop their payments to us and did we not receive a single penny of TV money? It just doesn't make sense.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rakuten can screw themselves, they already shortchanged us so much with excuses. Nike on the other hand needs to understand that we are their biggest brand in football and this brand is more than just Messi.

Last edited:

Porque

Mark Pratts (Laporteriabtv): Since this morning, intensive calls have been made to the offices of the Camp Nou from sponsors NIKE and Rakuten - Barcelona broke the agreement - huge sums were paid for Messi's appearance - there will be huge losses on the way

If true, then yet another reason to Fck Bartomeu and tie Messi into the contracts of Nike and Raluten.

Ronaldo leaving didn't affect jack for Madrid's deals.

FC433

The club is in so much trouble to the point where it is fixing itself :lol: Keeping Messi was a bit too much financially, let us see how that turns on the pitch though!

Home of Barca Fans