Martin Odegaard

Antimadridista1

We were so lucky when we "found" Messi out of nowhere and we have built our best ever generation around Messi.
If we haven't found Messi, who knows if we would have won 3 CLs in the last few years.

Messi didn't even play the final of the C1 in Paris (2006) .
But you're right for the two others.

BBZ8800

Messi didn't even play the final of the C1 in Paris (2006) .
But you're right for the two others.

Messi played 25 matches already in 2006.
While he was not a key player like Ronaldinho and Etoo, he still earned his place in a starting 11 little by little as the Season progressed.
In the beginning of a Season, we played with Ronnie-Etoo-Guily, and Messi was getting last 10-20-30 minutes.
But in the 2nd part of the Season, Messi was a starter and a jocker in a lot of matches.

For example, he "earned" Del Horno's red card against Mourinho's Chelsea in a first leg in 2006 (we will win the CL later that Season), while it was still 0:0 in the first half of the first leg:

It is hard to tell, but maybe we would never win even the 2006 CL without Messi. who knows?
We would maybe again lose to Mourinho's Chelsea, the same as the year before.

Or that famous 0:3 win at Bernabeu (Eto, Ronnie, Ronnie goals). Messi was a starter in most of key matches, when he wasn't injured (he was injured in the 2nd part of a Season, hamstring injury, this is why he hasn't played in CL final in 2006. He would surely be a starter even then...):

Look at the young Messi (his action for 1:0 goal), even aged 18 and a half back then, he was our starter and a very important player, and he was "the difference" already even against teams like Real and Chelsea.

Chong Li

Are you seriously comparing this norwegian kid with Messi?

This boy hasn't proven anything yet.

And I seriously doubt a move to RM is what's best for his career (except for his bank account).

But of course clubs like Bayern or Ajax don't pay more than 2M per year to 16 year olds.

BBZ8800

Also, about Odegaard, Messi played a few matches even aged 17.
Odegaard can easily play cup matches and group stage matches of CL next Season, and then with the age 18, if he will be a world class, he can play last 20 minutes of any La liga of Cl matches.

Messi played for Barca in La liga and CL aged 18.
Ronaldo was playing for Man. Utd all Premier league matches and Champions league matches.

If he is that huge talent and if he will stay mentally strong as today, even a few mistakes from Real coaches won't harm his development.
Plus, he will still play all NT matches from Norway till the age 18 and he will improve even there.

Sadly...

BBZ8800

Are you seriously comparing this norwegian kid with Messi?

This boy hasn't proven anything yet.

And I seriously doubt a move to RM is what's best for his career (except for his bank account).

But of course clubs like Bayern or Ajax don't pay more than 2M per year to 16 year olds.

People are hyping our players, who aren't that special, like Deulo or Halil.
Deulo hasn't played in a senior NT, and he was extremely modest in 2 Seasons of a senior football in Everton and Sevilla.
Yet, he is aged 21.

Halilovic played in Croatia, I am from Croatia, and our league probably isn't too much stronger than a Norwegian league.
And he wasn't bossing at all even in our crappy League.
He was hyped by Dinamo's owner Mamic and his newspapers.
Halil had some nice solo actions, but his overall play over 90 minutes was far from something spectacular.
(He was just a one trick pony with his speed and dribbles, against teams 10 times weaker than Dinamo. But even then he was losing soooo many balls)
Again, in a very, very poor Croatian league, where Dinamo is 10 times stronger than 90% of opponents, plus half of the league is corrupted and Dinamo's owner is basically the owner of half of other 1st div teams.
Further, Halilovic is far from a starting 11 of our NT team.
-- he wasn't anything special even in youth NT teams tournaments, or now in Barca B

Now, let's go to Odegaard:
1. he is bossing in Norwegian league at the age of 15 and 16, unlike Halil, for example
2. he is almost the key player of their NT team, right? (Where are Halil and Deulo, much older guys?)

Look, Odegaard could also fail, but for now:
1. he is extremely good in Norwegian league, even aged 16
2. he is very good in their senior NT team also
3. unlike our latest gems (Deulo, Halil, Adama), he is not one dimensional, he seems very "smart" on a field. And he isn't a diva yet (Deulo, Halil).

It is hard to say who will make it or who won't, but this guy currently has virtually no visible "bugs" or "flaws" in his play.
He is very young, but he seems like all-round player in all areas, again unlike Deulo, Halil or Adama.

So, maybe they'll all flop, or maybe our guys turn to be much better one day, but in this moment, Odegaard seems much closer to turn into something special than all of our current youth gems.

Last edited:

Povikas

Brandon
long text

Every individual is still an individual. That means, every player develops differently, age has nothing to do with it. Some may seem world beaters at the age of 16 (then lose their spark at 24 or sm), some may become world class players at 28-30 years of age.

+ the remark "he is almost the key player of Norwegian NT" - technically if both deulo/halil were to be Norwegian, I think they wouldn't be that far off being key players or even captaining current Norwegian NT.

BBZ8800

Every individual is still an individual. That means, every player develops differently, age has nothing to do with it. Some may seem world beaters at the age of 16 (then lose their spark at 24 or sm), some may become world class players at 28-30 years of age.

+ the remark "he is almost the key player of Norwegian NT" - technically if both deulo/halil were to be Norwegian, I think they wouldn't be that far off being key players or even captaining current Norwegian NT.

Ok, but our fans are biased:
1. La Masia is a pure gold, other youth academies are average
2. our youth players are all a pure gold

From my friends who are fans of other teams (not fans of Barca or Real), nobody rate Deulo or Adama at all.
In fact, they are usually laughing when someone mentione Deulofeu as the next superstar.
On the other hand, any football lover whom I know says: "Odegaard? Oh, that guy looks special"

And yes, every player is different, but for now:
1. Odegaard is much younger
2. he seems more all-rounded player
3. he seems to be more intelligent on a pitch than our current attacking gems
4. he seems to be mentally stronger than our diva gems

Again, just imagine that Odegaard signed for us, and that for example, Deulo is Madrid's player.
Odegaard would be the next Messi, and by far the best prospect in the world in ALL possible aspects, and we would make jokes out of Madrid's players like Deulo or Adama. Not to mention posts how we will rule the world in the next 15 years.

Isn't it?

Kohe321

In my opinion, and I've said this a long time, Ødegaard is far better than Halilovic right now. Obviously comparing Ødegaard to Messi (the alltime great in my opinion) is silly, but he is an exceedingly rare talent, that's for sure. None of this would be happening if he wasn't. His level of control, timing, awareness and reading of the game at 15/16 years of age is insane. This is what has gained his reputation and why every top club wanted him.

Halilovic hasn't really impressed a lot so far. It seems he often chooses to pass in the final third only to buy himself enough goodwill from his teammates to attempt a drible or a shot next time around himself. In my opinion he's just several levels below Ødegaard in all the aspects I've listed above. Add to this the fact that Ødegaard has two more years to develop (with Ancelotti and RM players) before he's the same age... Yeah.

Bertus

Ok, but our fans are biased:
1. La Masia is a pure gold, every other youth academies are crap especially in RM, and minus Ajax because they are a selling club.
2. our youth players are all a pure gold

Fixed it for you BBZ

Bertus

Again, just imagine that Odegaard signed for us, and that for example, Deulo is Madrid's player.
Odegaard would be the next Messi, and by far the best prospect in the world in ALL possible aspects, and we would make jokes out of Madrid's players like Deulo or Adama. Not to mention posts how we will rule the world in the next 15 years.

Isn't it?
No one knows if he is a future ballon d'or or anything.

But right now we reached that state:

- Either you think he already destroyed his career by joining RM or by not joining Barca or Bayern, or by not joining Ajax.
- Either you consider he's for sure the next big thing, the new messi, ronaldo and what not.

That's some awesome divination.

I for one believe that that kid should be left alone, and his choices should be accepted because that's his life and he can do what he wants.

Also, people talk about pressure... Then I really hope he's not reading places like Barcaforums where either he's trashed or the second coming of god.

Chong Li

Who's saying Barca talents are all gonna be world class?

And ever since the debacle with Bojan, who many thought would be even better than Messi, I stopped expecting wonderthings from overhyped teenies.

G

Gasgas

People are hyping our players, who aren't that special, like Deulo or Halil.
Deulo hasn't played in a senior NT, and he was extremely modest in 2 Seasons of a senior football in Everton and Sevilla.
Yet, he is aged 21.

Halilovic played in Croatia, I am from Croatia, and our league probably isn't too much stronger than a Norwegian league.
And he wasn't bossing at all even in our crappy League.
He was hyped by Dinamo's owner Mamic and his newspapers.
Halil had some nice solo actions, but his overall play over 90 minutes was far from something spectacular.
(He was just a one trick pony with his speed and dribbles, against teams 10 times weaker than Dinamo. But even then he was losing soooo many balls)
Again, in a very, very poor Croatian league, where Dinamo is 10 times stronger than 90% of opponents, plus half of the league is corrupted and Dinamo's owner is basically the owner of half of other 1st div teams.
Further, Halilovic is far from a starting 11 of our NT team.
-- he wasn't anything special even in youth NT teams tournaments, or now in Barca B

Now, let's go to Odegaard:
1. he is bossing in Norwegian league at the age of 15 and 16, unlike Halil, for example
2. he is almost the key player of their NT team, right? (Where are Halil and Deulo, much older guys?)

Look, Odegaard could also fail, but for now:
1. he is extremely good in Norwegian league, even aged 16
2. he is very good in their senior NT team also
3. unlike our latest gems (Deulo, Halil, Adama), he is not one dimensional, he seems very "smart" on a field. And he isn't a diva yet (Deulo, Halil).

It is hard to say who will make it or who won't, but this guy currently has virtually no visible "bugs" or "flaws" in his play.
He is very young, but he seems like all-round player in all areas, again unlike Deulo, Halil or Adama.

So, maybe they'll all flop, or maybe our guys turn to be much better one day, but in this moment, Odegaard seems much closer to turn into something special than all of our current youth gems.[/QUOTE:worthy:

G

Gasgas

What will some of you guys say if he ends up being real madrid's messi and break into their first team, get a chance when bale is underperforming, play consistently and become world class and a starter by the time he is 18??
Leave the kid alone and let him play his football!

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What will some of you guys say if he ends up being real madrid's messi and break into their first team, get a chance when bale is underperforming, play consistently and become world class and a starter by the time he is 18??
Leave the kid alone and let him play his football!
Deulofeu might turn into a world class poacher , and score one tap-in after the other and win the ballon d'or.

Home of Barca Fans