Real Madrid

JamDav1982

Your arguments are weak though, look at these logical fallacies, just because azpilicueta and montoya have gotten more coverage it doesnt mean they are better lol.

Carvajal was finally given the pedestal to succeed in and hes overshadowed them. Azpilicueta has no where near his attacking flair and is nearly 3 years older than carvajal. Carvajal has shown way more in his first season of 1st team football than 1 year older montoya has.

No one talks about their actual traits as footballers because you CANT you are uneducated apparently.

Lets stick to facts then about where they are in their career just now -

Montoya at 22 has 36 first team appearances for Barcelona, 2 league titles, 1 Spanish Cup and 2 u21 football championships and has been spoken of by the national team manager.

Carvajal at 21 and less than a year younger has one good season at average German club.

WallBreaker

Thats no way to talk about a player's skills.

LOL you actualy bring team trophies into this? Please now. Carvajal has shown much more than montoya has in the time he has gotten, and time will prove me right.

It will be montoya wiping carvajal's boots clean in the NT!!! :xavi::cesc:

JamDav1982

Your arguments are weak though, look at these logical fallacies, just because azpilicueta and montoya have gotten more coverage it doesnt mean they are better lol.

Carvajal was finally given the pedestal to succeed in and hes overshadowed them. Azpilicueta has no where near his attacking flair and is nearly 3 years older than carvajal. Carvajal has shown way more in his first season of 1st team football than 1 year older montoya has.

No one talks about their actual traits as footballers because you CANT you are uneducated apparently.

How has Carvajal shown more? He hasnt.

Montoya has shown he looks at home at one of the best teams in the world and the only reason he has not played more is due to Dani Alves.

Carvajal has not shown in one minute of football what he can do at a top club.

Der Kaiser

Montoya at 22 has 36 first team appearances for Barcelona, 2 league titles, 1 Spanish Cup and 2 u21 football championships and has been spoken of by the national team manager.

Carvajal at 21 and less than a year younger has one good season at average German club.

3rd place is average yes? and just because montoya has won these titles doesnt mean he earned them...

JamDav1982

Thats no way to talk about a player's skills.

LOL you actualy bring team trophies into this? Please now. Carvajal has shown much more than montoya has in the time he has gotten, and time will prove me right.

It will be montoya wiping carvajal's boots clean in the NT!!! :xavi::cesc:

These trophies show how much he has been involved in a world class squad even when Dani Alves is ahead of him while Carvajal has not one minute of football at Real with only Arbeloa ahead of him.

Carjaval has proven absolutley nothing at the highest club level and intl level. Montoya has. Simple as that.

WallBreaker

Ive said all i need to say, look at guys like david mentioning scrubs like varela and manquillo who have shown nothing relevant in europe, and jam here not knowing anything about football...Cmon now, have you seen them play?

Youre using playing time as your argument because you dont know how to rate them as players and what they do. Youve probably never even watched carvajal LOL.

Carvajal is better, and time will prove me right as Montoya watches from bench. :worthy:Good day.

edit: doobs please, go watch some football m8 ahahahaha, coverage? turn on your tv and actually watch players play, carvajal makes montoya look like a scrub..tsk tsk.

Doobs

The Messiah

Similarly, Carvajal getting little to no coverage also indicates he isn't as good. Your hyping him up based on your personal, biased opinion and not facts. LOL.

JamDav1982

Ive said all i need to say, look at guys like david mentioning scrubs like varela and manquillo who have shown nothing relevant in europe, and jam here not knowing anything about football...Cmon now, have you seen them play?

Youre using playing time as your argument because you dont know how to rate them as players and what they do. Youve probably never even watched carvajal LOL.

Carvajal is better, and time will prove me right as Montoya watches from bench. :worthy:Good day.

Carvajal is better is based on nothing but your opinion.

Your arguments are all over the place by the way.

You say somehting like 'if Montoya was good he would have played more' yet when someone points out at the top level - club and intl - he has played more you try and ridicule people for going on about playing time!

Just you try and list attributes like some Football Manager fan boy and continue to use that as 'evidence'.

Irish_Cules

But they didn't buy them just for next season but for then next 5-7 seasons.

I know that but in the last couple of years we have seen them sign promising young players who did not play and who degressed at Madrid. I'm not saying that this will necessarily happen with Isco and Illara but its a lot of money to spend on them if they don't play regularly.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't know much about illaramendi. Is he an alonso replacement or a khedira replacement? If he's an alonso kind of player then it seems a pointless transfer as modric has been excellent for them in the second half of last season.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I know that but in the last couple of years we have seen them sign promising young players who did not play and who degressed at Madrid. I'm not saying that this will necessarily happen with Isco and Illara but its a lot of money to spend on them if they don't play regularly.

I agree it is a lot of money for them if they don't play regularly. Alas I think Isco definitely will. Illara will rotate more often next season.

JamDav1982

I don't know much about illaramendi. Is he an alonso replacement or a khedira replacement? If he's an alonso kind of player then it seems a pointless transfer as modric has been excellent for them in the second half of last season.

He is not really like either of them.

He reads the game really well and keeps it simple and moves the ball very quickly.

More like Busquets than either of those two, but not quite as technically good in terms of skill etc.

Great player but a bit overpriced having never done his stuff at the top, top level. Not the he cant though.

At lease that is how I see him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is not really like either of them.

He reads the game really well and keeps it simple and moves the ball very quickly.

More like Busquets than either of those two, but not quite as technically good in terms of skill etc.

Great player but a bit overpriced having never done his stuff at the top, top level. Not the he cant though.

At lease that is how I see him.

Maybe that was a dumb question now I think about it. Not every signing is a direct replacement but he could bring in a totally different player for a style and formation change. I think ancellotti will use one of his trademark formations like 4-3-1-2. Illaramendi is a good choice then as there is three central midfielders and you need a lot in your squad for this formation.

If he does play this then it looks like Di Maria's Real Madrid career is over as he no position in the formation. There's also the chance ancellotti will keep the 4-2-3-1 and just replace khedira with illaramendi, keeping the double pivot just with different style.

Well only know when the season starts

Last edited:

oz187

True but no one goes in with that mentallity.

Of course, but with any player there is a risk factor. Sahin was player of the season in Germany and he failed at Madrid. Alexis was player of the season in Italy and he has had a lot of difficulty at Barca. There are factors that increase risk(being young, changing league, playing in a different system, position on the pitch). Three young players carry a lot of risk, especially at Real Madrid who have a recent history of players not succeeding, the likes of Adan, Canales, Granero, Callejon, Soldado, Miguel Torres etc.

Carvajal has the easiest job since he is at RB so a bit out of the way, but it remains to be seen how good he is. He is the least proven of the three. I don't see why Wallbreaker is comparing him with Montoya. Montoya has proven he can play well at Barca, fit into the system effectively and cope with the pressure. Carvajal has proven nothing at Madrid, there's not even a guarantee that he'd even displace Arbeloa.

Isco and Illa are more proven, especially Isco who's done well in the Champions League. But they play in the midfield which means they'd be crucial to the system so it's not just their individual quality that matters but also their ability to make the midfield and thus entire team cohesive. They also have a lot of competition and could just fail to make an impact the same as Granero and Sahin, you know, it just happens. Madrid is the most demanding club in the world and the fans want success now, it's a big challenge for them.

Home of Barca Fans