Zubizarreta sacked!

mssarm

Because the socis are a lazy complacent lot who cant get off their asses. This board should have been gone by the end of last season. Instead they are here doing even more damage.

It's hard to say whether they are lazy or not, but they are investors and they are looking at the things from prospective. Let's face it under Laporta the debt was higher than under Rossell. That's one of the reasons Rossell got so popular because he was more conservative. While Laporta was chasing Backham for millions Rossell quietly got Dinho for much more less but way better player for Barca. Rossell's problem was that he manged to piss off lot of people and his whole plan collapsed. I think the best management that Barca ever got was when Laporta and Rossell were working in tandem: that's when the seeds of success were planted. I'm still not convinced that Laporta is going to bring back the glory, but one thing for sure this board got the call early elections. It's all scrwed up and nothing will help this board to get re-elected. As for socis not everyone one of them is Barcelona fan, they are more of influential people with money and they are more interested in Barcelona financials than in next game.

Last edited:

klc123

It's hard to say whether they are lazy or not, but they are investors and they are looking at the things from prospective. Let's face it under Laporta the debt was higher than under Rossell. That's one of the reasons Rossell got so popular because he was more conservative. While Laporta was chasing Backham for millions Rossell quietly got Dinho for much more less but way better player for Barca. Rossell's problem was that he manged to piss off lot of people and his whole plan collapsed. I think the best management that Barca ever got was when Laporta and Rossell were working in tandem: that's when the seeds of success were planted. I'm still not convinced that Laporta is going to bring back the glory, but one thing for sure this board got the call early elections. It's all scrwed up and nothing will help this board to get re-elected. As for socis not everyone one of them is Barcelona fan, they are more of influential people with money and they are more interested in Barcelona financials than in next game.

I don't think rosell managed to get Ronaldinho through his own merit.

caseballs89

Whatever bad shit you say about Rosell's board, they have made the club much more financially healthy (and not just because of the shirt sponsor) while Laporta built up a huge amount of debt. If only they never fell out and we had both, Laporta as the leader and Rosell and co to handle the finances.

khaled_a_d

Whatever bad shit you say about Rosell's board, they have made the club much more financially healthy (and not just because of the shirt sponsor) while Laporta built up a huge amount of debt. If only they never fell out and we had both, Laporta as the leader and Rosell and co to handle the finances.

Laporta got the club in a worse financial situation than he left it tbh ,relative to the time at least

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta got the club in a worse financial situation than he left it tbh ,relative to the time at least

And it was never as bad as made out to be when he left. It was very much managable and not much to worry about, but Rosell won the elections on the basis of that BS.

klc123

Yes, instead of telling us how much the club was losing, he kept it secret in a transfer scandal that resulted in his resignation when it was found out. That's so much better.

Leo_Messi

Talk about finding a scapegoat and blaming it all on him. If this moronic board that in a matter of few years managed to destroy the most stable and successful football club in the world had any shame left they would all leave and announce elections. The parasites won't though. They are supposed to work for the betterment of the club but we all know that they are only working for their own pockets and themselves.

This is a joke. Talk about damage control. What does this sacking even mean apart from not wasting ones time anymore hearing Zubinútil's moronic statements? The club has a transfer ban in place until January 2016. Basically until the summer of 2016 because you can hardly buy quality players in the January transfer window.

The new sporting director will have no role to play. He will be gone by the summer of 2016 if not earlier.

Just.:lol:

klc123

Talk about finding a scapegoat and blaming it all on him. If this moronic board that in a matter of few years managed to destroy the most stable and successful football club in the world had any shame left they would all leave and announce elections. The parasites won't though. They are supposed to work for the betterment of the club but we all know that they are only working for their own pockets and themselves.

This is a joke. Talk about damage control. What does this sacking even mean apart from not wasting ones time anymore hearing Zubinútil's moronic statements? The club has a transfer ban in place until January 2016. Basically until the summer of 2016 because you can hardly buy quality players in the January transfer window.

The new sporting director will have no role to play. He will be gone by the summer of 2016 if not earlier.

Just.:lol:

1. Of course he's a scapegoat. But does that change the fact that he done his job abysmally and needed to go? No.
2. The director of football does a lot more than just transfers you know? He's meant to relieve the pressure off the manager and supposedly heavily involve in the management of say the youth academy. If his performance at signing players is anything to go by, it shouldn't be a shock that we have a transfer ban from poor management of the youth system.

Leo_Messi

1. Of course he's a scapegoat. But does that change the fact that he done his job abysmally and needed to go? No.
2. The director of football does a lot more than just transfers you know? He's meant to relieve the pressure off the manager and supposedly heavily involve in the management of say the youth academy. If his performance at signing players is anything to go by, it shouldn't be a shock that we have a transfer ban from poor management of the youth system.

Look I have been calling for Zubi's head since ages. I never understood his appointment back in the summer of 2010 considering that he was fired at Athletic.

He has done a very, very poor job overall. There can be no doubt about it.

The point I am trying to make is that he was just a relatively small part of a much bigger problem or cancer if you like which is called the current board. All transfers were coordinated by the various managers, their staffs and the president and his close advisors. Zubi was never on his own.

As I said if the board had any shame left they would announce elections. Bartomeu (who nobody even elected) should be the first one to go and the entire board. Not just Zubi as bad as he was and is.

klc123

Look I have been calling for Zubi's head since ages. I never understood his appointment back in the summer of 2010 considering that he was fired at Athletic.

He has done a very, very poor job overall. There can be no doubt about it.

The point I am trying to make is that he was just a relatively small part of a much bigger problem or cancer if you like which is called the current board. All transfers were coordinated by the various managers, their staffs and the president and his close advisors. Zubi was never on his own.

As I said if the board had any shame left they would announce elections. Bartomeu (who nobody even elected) should be the first one to go and the entire board. Not just Zubi as bad as he was and is.

I agree, but the Zubi sacking, and puyol resigning to prevent him receiving the job speaks volumes of the clubs current state behind closed doors, and really brings it to the attention of the media/fans. Hopefully it will assist in pressurizing for early elections.

mssarm

I don't think rosell managed to get Ronaldinho through his own merit.

What is that supposed to mean: like you have sources that claim otherwise? He got Dinho-end of the story. Give credit when it's due.

Last edited:

Observer

Banned
I agree, but the Zubi sacking, and puyol resigning to prevent him receiving the job speaks volumes of the clubs current state behind closed doors, and really brings it to the attention of the media/fans. Hopefully it will assist in pressurizing for early elections.

THIS, it actually looks like everyone's GTFO the sinking ship. Leo's rumors of leaving are not helping the case at all.

Adrian

2016/17 will be the next year Barca win the league in my opinion. And that could be optimistic considering the shit the current board has put us in.

Home of Barca Fans