Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Hardy

In his very long career there is one single season and club where Ibra didnt really have a huge impact. And its that season in Barcelona. Whether it happened on or off the field, he didnt really fit in.

Now, you are portraying that season as his most successful. That should say something about the metrics you are using.

you cleary don't understand, i mean that it was the only time he reached the semifinal in CL with a team carried by others players, so it's not a compliment to Ibra. Sure he had far better seasons but in CL was always basically irrilevant, you can't understimate his faillure in the biggest competition of football when you compare him to Ronaldo.

Trillske

Its true Ibra was basically irrelevant for Barcelona in CL (since it was somewhat of a walk before the semis). Its far, far from true after that season.

Just look at the ties against Chelsea. Or, you know, just keep making things up. Its obviously easier.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you cleary don't understand, i mean that it was the only time he reached the semifinal in CL with a team carried by others players, so it's not a compliment to Ibra. Sure he had far better seasons but in CL was always basically irrilevant, you can't understimate his faillure in the biggest competition of football when you compare him to Ronaldo.
You do realize that he saved the tie against Arsenal right?

Hardy

Its true Ibra was basically irrelevant for Barcelona in CL (since it was somewhat of a walk before the semis). Its far, far from true after that season.

Just look at the ties against Chelsea. Or, you know, just keep making things up. Its obviously easier.

you talking about two games, there are more than 10 years that show his failures in CL. 10 goals (3 of them last season...) in 40 knockout games, always invisible when he lost and very often with choking miss like last season in the first leg vs City. Here i read that Griezmann is a choker for a penalty miss in the CL final after he carried Atletico to that final, something that Ibra can only dream. It's a fact the CL is not his territory, two or three good/great games in 10 years change nothing.

Last edited:

Hardy

You do realize that he saved the tie against Arsenal right?

Still one game, anyway for me it's more appropriate say that Messi saved the tie with Arsenal but if you want give a credit to Ibra no problem, doesn't change so much what i mean.

MagIX

Absolutely not barca material, so happy we sold him after one season !! The deal Eto'o + 45mio for Ibra was one of the most ridiculous deal ever !! Inter was so lucky to get a player like Eto'o + 45mio...they could't belive it !! ....and they won the CL.
Not easy to play for barca, because you have to use your brain, not only your feet.

Trillske

you talking about two games,
No. That you think "the ties against Chelsea" means just two games is because you have not been paying attention. You have not followed this guy at all - you just jump right in and make things up.

Its beyond silly. Surely you agree if you stop and think about this?

Last edited:

Hardy

No. That you think "the ties against Chelsea" means just two games is because you have not been paying attention. You have not followed this guy at all - you just jump right in and make things up.

Its beyond silly. Surely you agree if you stop and think about this?

make things up :lol:

bro read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4rc1q0/zlatans_stats_in_cl_knockout_games_40_games_10/

2 goals in 25 fucking games when he lost, the only times he made the difference are vs Arsenal 2011/2012, vs Leverkusen 2013/2014 and vs Chelsea last year.

In more than 10 years no doubt, really impressive :wave:

make things up

Trillske

Yeah, you make things up. In my opinion that is ridiculous. We will obviously have a hard time communicating - have fun.

Hardy

I'll show you the facts with clear stats and you say that i make thing up :lol:

Not my problem if you do not accept the reality.

Reality is that you are dissing Zlatan over his obvious greatest flaw while not acknowledging that if he had been more successful in the CL he would go down as one of the most successful and greatest players of all time.

Piss poor logic and not surprising that you conveniently ignore domestic success which is the exact opposite. Not to mention one of those people who can't discuss actual footballing abilities if their lives depended on it, even though that's what was being discussed when you stomped on here. Quite embarrassing really.

Hardy

I'm pretty sure if was Ronaldo to have the same failures of Ibra in CL you would't be saying the same things :lol: and i quote Ronaldo because the comparision was Ibra-Ronaldo.

I'm not ignoring anything, maybe i should make a picture, we have two great players, one is successful in CL (individually and with achievements), the other is basically irrilevant, never won, never close, embarassing record for a world class forward in knockout games, all these are FACTS, find the difference.

I'm sorry for you if i'm much more more impressed by his poor performance in the biggest competition then his 6 titles in the freaking eredivise and ligue 1. Obviously i give a huge credit to him for the others win especially in Italy but if you compare him to Cristiano weigh much more his failures in CL because the other player also won 4 titles in two of the biggest leagues in Europe.

Just for the record, i disagree also with his current abilities, you know, football is play with and without ball so you can tell me that Ibra still a great playmaker but i can tell you that Ibra can't do the same thing of Ronaldo off the ball because lack pace and he's too static so as overall player i pick any day any life Ronaldo over Ibra. Now i'm done, it's pretty boring discuss things so obvious (about achievements and performance of both in CL) but maybe the point is that here try to give a credit to Ronaldo even when it's too clear is more problematic then fuck Margot Robbie :wave:

Last edited:
In the end it all comes down to watching the players or talking out of thin air. Add a bit of sass and poor grammar and you've almost got yourself an argument.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, if Cristiano had the same failures as Ibra then he wouldn't have the domestic success to fall back on either.

Home of Barca Fans