Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Trillske

Three youtube vids does not make me watch a player, no. And yes there are hundred more vids, but you get the point. Z does things - often playmaking - that I dont understand untill after they play through. A lot of "what the hell is he..... ooh, I see". And a lot of "what the flying f just happened?". Game after game, often in intermediary play that never makes youtube. Add the power, the temper etc.

Messi just impresses by beeing levels better than everyone at just about everything. For me, thats not as entertaining.

Last edited:

CesDel

As I said, you can enjoy another player more than Messi, with you it's Ibra which is fair enough cause he is an spectacular player, although to say that he has surpassed every other player in the history regarding entertainment when there has been a certain Ronaldinho(...), and with me, Iniesta is that player. But to say that Messi is boring when he himself does stuff that leaves your mouth hanging open, like that flick against Rayo for example, is a whole other thing. Especially considering that he does it more consistent than Ibra. And belive me, I know when Ibra does something spectacular seeing as the Swedish media won't shut up about it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi is indeed boring... He has made his own incredible moves so common that it doesn't really make me awestruck. You could say he spoiled me big time.

Whenever Zlatan does some thing extra ordinary... It makes me go! WTF man!
But when Messi does some thing out of the world.... It makes me go, "Meh! It's Messi"

I mean Zlatan's domain is among the other mere ordinary footballers... I am not downplaying Zlatan when I compare him with other footballers and call them ordinary... He is definitely one of the best in the current generation! Messi, on the other hand, poses a threat to the all time best man! come on

Last edited:

CesDel

Messi is indeed boring... He has made his own incredible moves so common that it doesn't really make me awestruck. You could say he spoiled me big time.

But when Messi does some thing out of the world.... It makes me go, "Meh! It's Messi"

I mean Zlatan's domain is among the other mere ordinary footballers... I am not downplaying Zlatan when I compare him with other footballers and call them ordinary... He is definitely one of the best in the current generation! Messi, on the other hand, poses a threat to the all time best man! come on

The sad thing is, that alot of people actually thinks that way. You don't know how often I hear people say that :facepalm1:

Last edited:

CesDel

Basically it's the entire post, but if you want it to be even clearer.

Trillske

Especially considering that he does it more consistent than Ibra. And belive me, I know when Ibra does something spectacular seeing as the Swedish media won't shut up about it.
No you dont, because they do indeed shut up about it. If you look through youtube you will even have a hard time finding a decent playmaking compilation of him, and that is just crazy concidering he is one of the sickest playmakers in modern time, at least with regards to highlights/spectaculair plays in specific. Its almost every game, at least when he is in good form.

The "problem" here is that his strange goals are so unique that they get all the focus. If Zlatan didnt do the sudden bicycle kicks from 30m, it would instead be easy to find pirlo or beckham-types of compilations. Same goes for his other wierd little tricks. You find a very small selection of them on youtube, but he does them time and time again. I think its frustrating because I would really like some good compilations of his play "in the middle". It could be an hour worth of pure highlights.

As for Dinho, that was a short time, a couple of years. Thats the difference. Otherwise I might have agreed. 2-3 years ago I would have said Dinho too.

Forgot to thank Bertu for the video btw, great one.

Last edited:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Messi is indeed boring... He has made his own incredible moves so common that it doesn't really make me awestruck.

There is truth in that, but not all of it is true :) Messi does make some amazing things look like child's play. However, Messi's amazing stuff is always the same - either a dribbling which is based on insanely quick direction change, or a perfectly executed shot on goal. He does both much better than anyone else, and that's what makes him the best player in the world (and the fact that he's playing for Barca which, for many reasons, suits him perfectly, but that's off topic :) ).

When Zlatman does his awesome stuff, it's often something you see for the first time, or at least something you see very rarely. That's why, for me at least, Zlatman is far more entertaining, not just because Messi spoiled us all.

Come on, admit I'm right :D

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans