Yuri Zhirkov

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well if Barca put in a bid then they'll get him for sure, but if they don't he's ours by Monday. He'll be a left winger for us, and a backup leftback, awesome. :D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well he's normally a left winger, not a fullback, so you can understand why he isn't a great defender.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think that Russians might actually fall into the EU category player-wise, because e.g. several football federations including Russian are under UEFA despite of their locations.

It's nothing to do with UEFA/non-UEFA, if it's outside the EU i.e. Turkey, Russia, Israel then they count against the quota of three non-EU players.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It's nothing to do with UEFA/non-UEFA, if it's outside the EU i.e. Turkey, Russia, Israel then they count against the quota of three non-EU players.

Obviously not, as it is regulated by the EC and its bodies. However, UEFA mostly tries to incorporate directives and regulations set by the EC (FIFA's (Blatter's) statement that would have limited the free movement of workers in violation of EU provisions on that matter was an exception)

As there is an agreement on partnership and co-operation between the EU and Russia which ensures that, according to employment law, Russian workers are entitled to exactly the same treatment as EU workers.

P.s. States such as Romania and Israel, all of which have partnership agreements with the EU, have also been included since 2003

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
So with the statement that we won't be signing anyone til July, we've lost Yuri, then? :sad:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You never know, maybe Yuri will hold out for a Barca bid. Chelsea seem to be losing all their targets so far this off season, why would it change now? :lol:

S

Snyde

Actually we missed out on VDV too who has been a Barca fan since childhood. That we let him go to Madrid that too for cheap was fucking ridiculous!

maz

I walk the line
I love sylvi and its a shame that he is going, but i definitely feel zhirkov is the best replacement without a doubt. He would add lots of energy down the left and can cause defenders problems with his balls in, and there aren't many left-footed players that can do that.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hopefully they stick to their word and don't sign anyone until July, that should give us enough time to sign him. :D

M.L. King

The Preacher
I love sylvi and its a shame that he is going, but i definitely feel zhirkov is the best replacement without a doubt. He would add lots of energy down the left and can cause defenders problems with his balls in, and there aren't many left-footed players that can do that.

I agree, I miss Sylvio already. He's always been a good sport and a great professional. Pity, he left, but the best possible replacement for him would be offensive-minded Zhirkov.

Home of Barca Fans