Youssoufa Moukoko

Barca1989

How much do you think his price would be for us in the next winter, and in the next summer? I think he would be cheaper than Haaland but we'll see if it's possible maybe selling Cou or Griezmann

Yannik

I think he would be cheaper than Haaland

No chance. If that kid shows any signs of becoming what people think he will become in the next 6-18 months, then we will be talking about Neymar fees. Haaland still caps at a release clause.

eaman

No chance. If that kid shows any signs of becoming what people think he will become in the next 6-18 months, then we will be talking about Neymar fees. Haaland still caps at a release clause.

The thing is he's only just 16 so he will more than likely grow taller which could be a bad thing for his career. Who knows what type of player he will be when he's 18

Yannik

The thing is he's only just 16 so he will more than likely grow taller which could be a bad thing for his career. Who knows what type of player he will be when he's 18

why would it be a bad thing? 16-17 is normally the last growth spurt so he'll most likely end up at around 1.83-1.84m. Thats a great height for a no. 9. Him still growing also means he is still developing muscle mass and bone density faster than with any training and physicality is something he lacks right now compared to all the other players.

khaled_a_d

why would it be a bad thing? 16-17 is normally the last growth spurt so he'll most likely end up at around 1.83-1.84m. Thats a great height for a no. 9. Him still growing also means he is still developing muscle mass and bone density faster than with any training and physicality is something he lacks right now compared to all the other players.

Few things:
1-Africans usually have earlier growth tbh, so he might end not getting bigger at all, those things are difficult to predict.

2-Getting bigger isn't always good, in many cases players lose quickness or dribbling ability with it.
Some benefits from it tbf, but it as I saud before, it is impossible to predict

eaman

All I'm saying is it's possible he could grow more than that and lose some of the attributes a player under 1.90 has

Andresito

Staff member
My prediction is that he won't live up to his potential. He'll end up like Bojan career wise.

Yannik

1280px-Human_height_growth_per_month%2C_United_States.png

Height growth is most dominant in teenagers during puberty. According to Transfermarkt Moukoko is 1.79m at age 16, and cached versions of Transfermarkt show he was 1.72m between 14-15. So he grew 7cm in about 12-18 months. Assuming that Moukoko already reached the peak of the graph the 16-17 should only see him grow half of what he did last year and 17-18 will stagnate. That means he'll most likely end up at 1.80-1.85m.

"Loosing quickness" makes little sense imo. A kid isn't faster than a man. Moukoko grows not just in size, but particularly in muscle mass, bone density, lung capacity and blood cells. If he is STILL developing, then that is great for any athlete. Puberty is far stronger than any doping. If Moukoko stopped growing now as he is, he'd have it harder to adapt to professional football.

Last edited:

Yannik

btw, the fact Moukoko grew 7cm in 12-18months is kind of a tell that the myth about him faking his age are not very substantial.

gregorrin10

What the f...??? Here I was just casually browsing through players, when I see this kid is on an expiring contract! I mean sure his development stalled a little, since Rose isn't playing him much, but still, the kid is still 17 years old! Still very raw yes, but with massive talent. Left footer, rapid and a great finisher, able to play ST and I imagine RW too. Could be the perfect cheap bargain Dembele replacement. Why aren't we trying to strike a pre-contract agreement, like asap? Madrid and United won't be far behind in their interest.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What the f...??? Here I was just casually browsing through players, when I see this kid is on an expiring contract! I mean sure his development stalled a little, since Rose isn't playing him much, but still, the kid is still 17 years old! Still very raw yes, but with massive talent. Left footer, rapid and a great finisher, able to play ST and I imagine RW too. Could be the perfect cheap bargain Dembele replacement. Why aren't we trying to strike a pre-contract agreement, like asap? Madrid and United won't be far behind in their interest.

Could be worth a bet but to be honest from what I've seen of him he was really underwhelming. Scored a lot of goals for youth teams but could be the next Bojan or Dongou in that regard where it doesn't translate as well at this level or at all as in Dongou's case.

Home of Barca Fans