Yerry Mina

Cule4life

The Culest
He said that he got it right with those who were benched, not with those who should be added to the list

But if Valverde can get it wrong about who should be added to the list, can't he get it wrong about who is already on the list? Again that's cherry picking.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

But if the Valverde can get it wrong about who should be added to the list, can't he get it wrong about who is already on the list? Again that's cherry picking.

No.It isn't. It is different things.
Edit: obviously coach can be wrong in any aspect, even those he is good at. But I don't thing GS is cherry picking at all. It is one thing to know those benched by coach aren't good and another thing when he has to use others whp doesn't perform. Then again Barcilliant makes a good point the Mina is the only one who is yet to get minutes

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
No.It isn't. It is different things.
Edit: obviously coach can be wrong in any aspect, even those he is good at. But I don't thing GS is cherry picking at all. It is one thing to know those benched by coach aren't good and another thing when he has to use others whp doesn't perform. Then again Barcilliant makes a good point the Mina is the only one who is yet to get minutes

I could easily say the reverse that he's been wrong at benching players but no more players need to be added to the list and it would have as much credibility as God Serena's ramblings.

All those who have been benched like Vidal, Gomes, Denis etc. have been given ample opportunities to prove themselves even though they have been shit, unlike Mina.

If he's that bad in training that he isn't even given as many minutes as freaking Vidal then he should be sold ASAP as he's occupying a non EU spot. Won't u agree?

BarcaOG

Banned
really shitty and disappointing how mina's been treated. his two appearances for us were ok, which is natural for a foreign player playing in europe for the first time, coming in the january transfer window and thus missing the summer integration and pre-season acclimation. in fact when mina played i thought he was decent, showing promise. the worst thing is that this is probably affecting his confidence, which means that if valverde does play him, he'll probably be more nervous than should be the case, which could lead to errors etc etc... i think EV has really fucked up here

God Serena

Except for Arda all the above players were given plenty of playing time and failed to make the most of it. Mina hasn't had enough playing time. For me a loan is out of the question. When was the last time a player went out on loan and did well enough when he came back??? Sending a player out on loan usually damages their confidence. If we had sent Roberto out on loan he wouldn't have been the same player.

That first bit is a fair point, Mina hasn't been given as many minutes, but think about where he plays. As our last man (Or at least a player who should be, despite him not knowing he's a CB apparently), if he makes a mistake, that could cost us greatly. Dropped points in the league, our undefeated streak gone, etc. Scoring goals is especially hard in a team where people are touting Paulinho's 8 goals as a "Goal threat" because we're so damn limp in front of goal that if Messi or Suarez don't score we have to pray a midfielder who's sole footballing skill is tap ins does it for us. Say Mina decides to make another no look pass and this time the other team actually scores from it. Or if the other team counters after Mina loses the ball in the opposing half and we concede from that. Getting back into the game is a lot harder than crushing them from the outset, for obvious reasons. Using a player like Denis or Deulofeu who underperformed only sacrificed our attacking strength, but when you have no real options attacking-wise that's not much of an issue. That is not a problem we have in the back. Is there any reason, whatsoever, to ever use Mina, as he is now? Well, the answer is no. There's not.

Mina needs to play some games against the lesser teams. Valverde is a safety first manager who finds it hard to make the right decisions. Hypothetical scenario-what happens if Vermaelen is injured and in the Champions League final one of Pique or Umtiti gets injured?

If we're forced to play the CL final with our 4th choice CB we're pretty deep in shit either way, but I'd without a moment of hesitation sub on Digne over Mina based on their individual performances against Getafe alone.

They why do you keep crying when Paulinho, who you say is shit, is given chance after chance by Valverde. Cherry picking much?

Because Paulinho sucks? I never said Valverde's lineups are perfect. Just that he's not benching anyone who's particularly talented. Not sure what your point is.

Cule4life

The Culest
Say Mina decides to make another no look pass and this time the other team actually scores from it. Or if the other team counters after Mina loses the ball in the opposing half and we concede from that.

One no look pass from a raw Mina means he'll always do it in the future. By that logic if a young Messi missed a simple chance you'd have dismissed him saying he'll always miss simple chances. Your mental gymnastics to justify your agenda against Mina are cringeworthy. As if Pique and Umtiti have never lost the ball in the opposing half.

I'd without a moment of hesitation sub on Digne over Mina based on their individual performances against Getafe alone.

That's so stupid it's not even worthy of a response. By that logic Angel Di Maria should be the GOAT based on his performance in 2014 UCL final.

Because Paulinho sucks? I never said Valverde's lineups are perfect. Just that he's not benching anyone who's particularly talented. Not sure what your point is.

If he can make a mistake playing an "undeserving player" like Paulinho, he can also make a mistake of not playing a deserving player. You're just cherry picking to suit your agenda

That first bit is a fair point, Mina hasn't been given as many minutes.

Careful don't wanna contradict your agenda there

Barcilliant

So why was Mina brought in?
This is the 12 million dollar question.

Did Robert want him and Valverde just shrugged his shoulders and said OK? Or Robert asked him and Valverde said No?
No point getting a player if we're not even going to give him a fair chance. I mean Mina is not even making the squad wtf.

4th place cb does not mean you only get game time if the first choice CBS ate injured.

I don't know if Valverde thinks he's shit or he just wants to keep this unbeaten streak going. Mina and Semedo deserve better IMO.

messi010

If this guy made half the mistakes our starting defense has made the past few games he would be crucified. In the games he's played he's been pretty good considering he's adapting to a new team along with the pressure of Valverde not really supporting him. Having watched him internationally against big teams, the guy definitely is talented enough to play. He along with Vermaelen should be used more often.

Devils

Valverde is coward.

You can't expect a coward to give chances to a kid who has no European experience regardless of how talented he is.

I know people are excited about the Arthur signing, but expect our midfield to be Busi/Coutinho/Rakitic/Roberto 90% of the time next season.

Porque

Valverde should have groomed a Vermaelen-Mina LCB/RCB in weaker games as a second partnership. That way Mina could have adapted quicker to step in to replace Pique when needed while Vermaelen for Umtiti who has been in bad form.

Judging Mina for his no look pass is like judging Stegen for one of his many dribble giveaways (latest one against Roma in CN).

But lastly the biggest thing we missed out with not integrating Mina more is his setpiece ability. He is possibly our biggest setpiece threat in the box and could have been a late option rather than sending Pique upfront. Not to mention everyone I seen him he is a beast defensively in the air.

Home of Barca Fans