Yerry Mina

ronniecro

if he's that bad that he cannot make the 18 man squad against leganes,you have to wonder the decision to sign him in first place

Cule4life

The Culest
Nah Mina just isn't good enough, simple as that. It's plain as day but people just refuse to admit it.

If Valverde didn't have a terrible record with squad management your point might hold a little water.

If Mina didn't play well for Colombia your point might hold a little water.

If he's so bad he can't make the squad why was he signed in the first place by the manager? This means Valverde is terrible at scouting players.

Pardon me if i need more than a match to judge if a player is good enough.

If you had your way every promising player would be out the door after his first mistake.

serghei

I've seen Yerry vs Getafe and Espanyol. Sure, he had some nerves, but did well overall. Certainly don't see a player who is so shit that he can't play vs Leganes on Camp Nou. Why did we even bring him? To fuck over his chances to start at the World Cup?

ASordidGod

Impossible to judge how good he is because he simply gets no time. (Though for what it's worth I thought he showed promise.) But if Valverde doesn't trust him to even be on the bench against Leganes then we may as well sell and promote a centre back. Mina isn't worth the non-EU spot if he's never going to be given a chance.

God Serena

If Valverde didn't have a terrible record with squad management your point might hold a little water.

Valverde has a lot of flaws but his decision making when it comes to who to bench like this has been pretty spot on. Arda, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu, etc have all found him on this list at some point and when they have made it off of Valverde's shit list at some point each one has shown exactly why they were perma benched in the first place.

If Mina didn't play well for Colombia your point might hold a little water.

Playing for Columbia doesn't mean jack shit compared to playing for Barca.

If he's so bad he can't make the squad why was he signed in the first place by the manager? This means Valverde is terrible at scouting players.

Plans and signed players often don't work out. If he joined after being scouted and was discovered by management not to be up to standards then I can only applaud the treatment he is receiving. Far too often in the past we've seen signings come in and flop, just to continue to play every week in a desperate hope of getting them to perform.

Pardon me if i need more than a match to judge if a player is good enough.

Even if he hadn't played that match I would hold the same opinion. If he was good enough, he would play. It's as simple as that. This scenario is no different from Bartra's, in my eyes.

If you had your way every promising player would be out the door after his first mistake.

No, that's not true at all. His first entire game showed me a player I am not a fan of, not just his mistake. Clearly, Valverde isn't a very big fan, either, except this was the case since he arrived in Barcelona. Getafe was his chance to show he deserves minutes despite apparently poor training performances and he did not take that chance.

Barcilliant

Valverde has a lot of flaws but his decision making when it comes to who to bench like this has been pretty spot on. Arda, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu, etc have all found him on this list at some point and when they have made it off of Valverde's shit list at some point each one has shown exactly why they were perma benched in the first place.

Playing for Columbia doesn't mean jack shit compared to playing for Barca.

Plans and signed players often don't work out. If he joined after being scouted and was discovered by management not to be up to standards then I can only applaud the treatment he is receiving. Far too often in the past we've seen signings come in and flop, just to continue to play every week in a desperate hope of getting them to perform.

Even if he hadn't played that match I would hold the same opinion. If he was good enough, he would play. It's as simple as that. This scenario is no different from Bartra's, in my eyes.

No, that's not true at all. His first entire game showed me a player I am not a fan of, not just his mistake. Clearly, Valverde isn't a very big fan, either, except this was the case since he arrived in Barcelona. Getafe was his chance to show he deserves minutes despite apparently poor training performances and he did not take that chance.

comes to who to bench like this has been pretty spot on. Arda, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu, etc have all found him on this list at some point and when they have made it off of Valverde's shit list at some point each one has shown exactly why they were perma benched in the first place.

Except for Arda all the above players were given plenty of playing time and failed to make the most of it. Mina hasn't had enough playing time. For me a loan is out of the question. When was the last time a player went out on loan and did well enough when he came back??? Sending a player out on loan usually damages their confidence. If we had sent Roberto out on loan he wouldn't have been the same player.

Mina needs to play some games against the lesser teams. Valverde is a safety first manager who finds it hard to make the right decisions. Hypothetical scenario-what happens if Vermaelen is injured and in the Champions League final one of Pique or Umtiti gets injured?

Ritchie

comes to who to bench like this has been pretty spot on. Arda, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu, etc have all found him on this list at some point and when they have made it off of Valverde's shit list at some point each one has shown exactly why they were perma benched in the first place.

Except for Arda all the above players were given plenty of playing time and failed to make the most of it. Mina hasn't had enough playing time. For me a loan is out of the question. When was the last time a player went out on loan and did well enough when he came back??? Sending a player out on loan usually damages their confidence. If we had sent Roberto out on loan he wouldn't have been the same player.

Mina needs to play some games against the lesser teams. Valverde is a safety first manager who finds it hard to make the right decisions. Hypothetical scenario-what happens if Vermaelen is injured and in the Champions League final one of Pique or Umtiti gets injured?

Valverde can't manage a squad. Either you play every game or not at all and then someone gets injured and a player with no match sharpness comes in.

I know there's dross in the squad but Levante at home when the title is wrapped up - in between a CL tie - is the time to give squad players some game time.

Home of Barca Fans