Yerry Mina

Sorin

Paulinho is killing it in china. He's their Messi/Ronaldo. Better players than Paulinho have flopped but he thrieves like no other.

khaled_a_d

Is this the Abidal effect in our transfers or we have just cut the bullshit and started working instead of faking it?

Raul Sanllehi has left last Autumn and things has started to move more smoothly than ever.
He was our primary negotiator too, which plays even bigger role in those transfers (the financial details) than Sporting Director.
May be I am making things up, but this might have been an addition by subtraction for the club

gregorrin10

I keep hearing this. Care to elaborate?

Really? Where to start? 1 on 1 defending, high line defense, being big, yet clumsy, these are the exact wrong characteristics for a Barca CB, on the other hand perfect for PL, where there are much more compact defenses, there isn't much 1 on 1 defending, and great goalscoring CBs have chances to score from set pieces almost every match. Can see Mina scoring like at least 5 goals this season.

Neeraj

This just confirms the idea that a few glitzy games / goals in a WC is ALL it takes to go from a zero to a hero. If Mina doesn't score those goals at the WC, does anybody come in for him, leave aside the price at which Everton have come for him at?

I find it hard to believe that with the kind of money that is spent on scouting, these kind of transfers still take place so often. I'm not saying that he is a bad player for them; just that he has been bought purely on the WC performances, and that's a fact because he hasn't played anything for us.

Arizona Scott

We have 3 players who stay fit a lot and are better than him and a 4th CB who is also very good and has not had a bad injury in over a year. Not enough time to develop him. So we let Everton do it and if he's going to improve and turn into a beast of a defender we take him back.

Exactly! We concluded for now Lenglet (also aged 23) is the better player to count on right now and likely equal/better upside for fitting into our squad (incidently the fees make these moves close to a wash) . But maybe our assessment of one or both are premature, the buyback afford the position to buy the player back if he does become elite.

Yep.

Must be some sort of an agreed fee.

Prob high like 60m.

This is what I would guess, 60-80. Those are numbers be thrown around for Alderwield (even at age 29 and running down contract) and McGuire (also young an coming off a hot world cup showing), and they still may not have been enough for the sell. If it is anywhere near 50 buy back what a deal for Barca.

All in all brilliant moves to strengthen the CB over the last year. Made a good profit of a sale to largely cover what you brought in, got the guy you think is better for you right now, and yet still have a stake/right in the other player if he tears it up. Nothing is exact science but Barca covered the bases here.

Hopefully Mina and Gomes play great for Everton. (I am personally not confident in either--despite the negativity here it is a tough league, high paced, and very intense environment week in and week out --many fine players can't hack it)

xXKonan

Yerry's uncle Jair will be interviewed on Rac1 soon and going by the quote Romero posted, doesn't seem all that happy with Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans