Yaya Toure

maz

I walk the line
It is not just Yaya who intercepts attacks.The team defends as a whole including the forward line.And Barca have always played possession football even before Yaya.
So your argument fails.
No it doesnt fail, because over the years we have had eddy as DM (who marked kaká out of the milan tie), iniesta in that position (watch him against benfica in the CL...he swept up almost every ball and started attacks), and rafa who used to be one of the best DMs.

alexjanosik

The Game
My point being that no matter who plays DM we always have the lions share of possession and consequently the DM has less work to do.

maz

I walk the line
DM has always been underrated at the club..but that doesnt mean they dont put in a hell of alot of work. We didnt have a fit DM when we played chelsea in 06/07 and we got bullied off the park. Its a position which is crucial to our play. Hence why 3 of the 4 goals we conceded against atléti were the fault of yayá. What does that say..the dm makes 3 mistakes and we concede 3 times.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Good analysis except the part about Yaya's mistakes. He made about a hundred I think and we conceded 4. Good ratio. :lol:

maz

I walk the line
I dont think senna would suit a 3 man midfield. I would have loved him to come a couple of years ago to fill in for van bommel, but i dont think he could sit while the 5 attackers in front of him get forward. He is too old for that.

I rate yayá very highly he is just having a dip in form.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Maybe not faster, but 14 cm makes a big difference in Barcelona I believe.

Barcelona is crowded with players under 1m80.

maz

I walk the line
Im glad about that. While he may not be on form he is definitely the best choice we have for DM. Busquets and keita can play there but they will cause as many gaps as touré since they like to get forward.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I'm glad he's coming back. We will certainly need his strength in this strenuous set of games. In the game against Valladolid it was easily discernible we lacked some physical presence in the midfield.

shadows

Bojan, Makelele is/was about as slow as a week in jail and for about 3 seasons at Chelsea he created a new role which Liverpool have tried to copy with Mascherano and Lucas. Yaya is decent but I would prefer to see Busquets.

Yaya is decent??Come on man..He is awesome....He is just having a dip of form..He is freakingly scary when he is on form.....and Busquets well he has 2 cut down the play acting which almost cost us a goal last weekend..and even then still has a long way to go to match up 2 Yaya...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans