Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

A lot of unsubstantiated claims there. There is little to no indication that he is leaving because Deco is SD. Some players he got he approved of, others he didn't and still came. Quite normal.

That's all they do, just make up there own news and facts.

It's like when all of sudden the team has improved physically because the players went to xavi and said XYZ, when I asked where did they get that info from, they had nothing to offer.

Lewa said we have increased the intensity in training recently, all of a sudden it's lewa and the players that asked for that.

Just pulling "news" out of thin air.

Him leaving has nothing to do with deco, he's just tired of a segment of the fan base shitting on all his work.

serghei

Him leaving has nothing to do with deco, he's just tired of a segment of the fan base shitting on all his work.

Fans in the stadium have been impeccable and supported the team based on what I've seen. It's more the club itself and the whole media circus around it than the local fans.

And managers usually get tired of this constant bickering and blbbing, the conflicts they create inside a team. They prefer to focus more on the game itself than all the noise and politics behind it.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Fans in the stadium have been impeccable and supported the team based on what I've seen. It's more the club itself and the whole media circus around it than the local fans.

And managers usually get tired of this constant fight against the elements. They prefer to focus more on the game itself than all the noise and politics behind it.
The media and the club have been far more supportive of him than any other manager. I don't know what media outlets you refer to that consistently cover him negatively, but none really exist other than joke shows like El Chiringuito.

The actual view of Xavi in the Barca establishment is very different than on this forum.

ajnotkeith

You don't understand the simple fact that Xavi has only RM as competition, which in a bad year (like last season) makes it a free run to the LL title if you are a Barca coach

In EPL you have to compete against the best coaches in the world in already developed projects, let lone when you just started (1st or 2nd project year)
Yes, ARTETA proves that given time a top coach will eventually win. but, GIVEN TIME

Now the fact that Poch and ETH will keep attracking top club interest, despite being treated horribly by their former clubs, is a testament to their value
compared to Xavi, who attracts interest from a club like Ajax (development not top club), despite being pampered again and again by Laporta and board
However, we do have to give Xavi credit if he makes it past PSG and gets to a CL final this season, whatever happens, this season would be better for me than last season.

1-0 against low table LaLiga fodder every game is much easier than beating a good rich team like PSG over 2 legs, teams like Napoli, Atletico etc, and if Xavi does this, he really does show he should get at least one more season, in all fairness.

Iniesta Ultra

We're the Florida of top European football mate. Players come here for one last paycheck, especially when we are broke and have to go for loans and free signings.

Good pay, a top club, great city. Who wouldn't take that deal? Gundogan couldn't care less if Tata Martino was at the helm.

Damn you right we're the Inter Miami of pre-MLS players.

Gnidrologist

All i can see is that team is suddenly playing magically "in tact", which was almost never the case in the first half of the season and fairly recently. Hard to say if Xavi indeed adapted and and started to use his bad experiences and amend his tactics. Migt be, might be not, just lucky run. In any case, i don't see current Barca playing as lucky or coincidental. The chemistry and passing culture is suddenly top notch,. Well, almost. Still some silly giveaways here and there, but you can see that players and super confident in what they are doing and know, where the partners are all the time. On the other spehere, defending was almost flawless except for token Barca blunders by usual suspects. All in all i never felt so confident watching this team defend, especially against mighty QSG pacey forwards. Bapp and Demp generally caused little trouble. Guys like Vitinha and their general buildup was more of a threat than the lauded Ferarris of attack.
What happened, guise?

No, really, i can't understand why this team can play some almost sublime football at times, but the withers away again like it was after the early xaviball vs Atletico and 4:0 Madrid. There seems to be some serious mental instability in club, because these players have proven they can play world class football, if...

Kul_z

Like i said before, i hate his football in his tenure here, we dont have a clear pattern of play but maybe that is exactly the reason why we could go far in cl, other managers cant predict how we would play. One game we play vintage barca dna style, another game strong defence and utter shitshow, another game total shitshow and it goes on and on.
Its hard to play against opponent that you really dont know how would set up and look on the pitch.
Total wildcard we are.

Besides that, 100% behind xavi, knock out those qsg cunts and im happy with whatever happens after that.

ajnotkeith

Like i said before, i hate his football in his tenure here, we dont have a clear pattern of play but maybe that is exactly the reason why we could go far in cl, other managers cant predict how we would play. One game we play vintage barca dna style, another game strong defence and utter shitshow, another game total shitshow and it goes on and on.
Its hard to play against opponent that you really dont know how would set up and look on the pitch.
Total wildcard we are.

Besides that, 100% behind xavi, knock out those qsg cunts and im happy with whatever happens after that.
He has a very pragmatic style. We saw against PSG we don't really have a defined style, sometimes we sit back in a tight block, sometimes we hit on the counter, sometimes we try and hold the ball and play positionally.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I started supporting this club in the Bobby Robson days.

Club is on a different level now. Those Messi days have elevated us to undisputed elite status. Don't know how you can compare us to Liverpool from 10-20-30 years ago or Tottenham.

We are comparable to Man Utd after the Fergie era. The only difference for Barca is that the league is not as competitive and full of billionaires, so there is no risk of falling out the top 3.

Your version of 'supporting' the club is twisting everything to a extreme negative so as not to give any credit to anything associated with the club.

The win was entirely down to Donnarumma apparently. Nothing to do with a defensive masterclass by Araujo and team collectively on Mbappe, never mind a world class performance by Raph.

And now apparently players only come to Barca, who have been well known to ask their players to take pay cuts and defer wages in the last few years, for ' one last paycheck '. :lol:. Despite the fact that nearly all the signings made lately were offered much higher wages by other clubs.

None of this bothers me mind you, you do you, but genuinely boggles my mind why people like you follow the club.

Temptation

Xavi still doesn't have a defined style of play. Can any of the Xavi stans describe his playing style? Ange came in at Spurs in a tougher league and had a defined playing style from day 1. If a Spurs manager can, why can't a Barca manager do it in 3 years? Xavi still doesn't have it.

Dembele carried Xavi and was covering up for Xavi's lack of tactical nous. Dembele's consistent ball carrying meant that Xavi did not need to coach any patterns of play. Xavi knows this very well and rates Dembele accordingly.

Still no answers from the Xavi stans here. :lol:

Go on Xavi stans, describe his style of play? He's been in the job for long enough now, what is his style of play, philosophy and tactical system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans