Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

It's been a rough season and 99% of that is down to our systemic issues at DM + the loss of Busquets (for buildup alone).

The squad only clicked with the introduction of Cubarsi. Xavi deserves all the credit for that.
Things improved when Christensen started playing midfield instead of that donkey Romeu. No offense.

FinBarcelonafan

As much as I'd like to give him credit for those, they are not his signings. He participated most likely, as it is normal, but the decision was not his, it was Laporta's.

Laporta did a good job also as President in regards to using limited amounts of money to improve the squad in a short time.
Absolutely. Laporta has worked his magic.

Loki

Man what became of today's journalism. These piranhas can't let the topic be for one game. After each game they need to harass him if he will change his mind or not.

serghei

What can I say. Good luck at his next club and may the next manager follow on his footsteps and maybe even surpass him.

Xavi is stubborn. Slim chances he changes his mind.

jamrock

He was never gonna change his mind.

He's left the next coach a great platform to build on

We just need roque to be worth the money we spent on him and the future looks bright.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Term that comes to my mind is: "great man manager".
Kids do great and veterans are doing nicely now too. He is obviously a good influence on entire squad.
Yeah, noone sulking either which happens a lot, particularly when leagues are lost.

Neeraj

I'm glad he isn't changing his mind. I don't think he was the long term answer for us, and the fact that he's hopefully leaving with a bit of positive momentum, that's good for everyone.

I just hope Laporta has been scouting in the background and not relying on xavi changing his mind + Marquez as backup..

Reactions: BJJ

companyofcules

Crazy thing is that we completely outplayed them in the second leg with this ass team, but was impossible to overcome the horrific defensive display by Pique and Lenglet in the first leg.
People blame Koeman but he humiliated them in the second leg with a experimental team. He was not a genius but he saw what works and not and he made changes bringing fresh tactics and players. Dembele refused to score hence the result.

iniestaGOAT

''Without the announcement (Xavi leaving Barca) this season would have been a disaster!'' - Xavi

Factual.
Xavi Hernandez is the only Barca manager who received the most unfair criticism from the media.

We would have won the league this season if not for toxic media and fan base.

And the results from after the announcement proves it.

serghei

People blame Koeman but he humiliated them in the second leg with a experimental team. He was not a genius but he saw what works and not and he made changes bringing fresh tactics and players. Dembele refused to score hence the result.

After the tie was already over since they smashed us on Camp Nou 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans