Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

behindbrowneyes

why the hell would they sack him? Don't even have a suitable new candidate.
True. Makes no sense. Can't have really high expectations for how things are going right now. Qualifying for next years CL campaign is not in danger so no reason to sack him after a possible CL knockout.

Only reason would be when his replacement is free and ready to start, but no sane coach would take over during this stage of the season with no realistic chance for titles.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
True. Makes no sense. Can't have really high expectations for how things are going right now. Qualifying for next years CL campaign is not in danger so no reason to sack him after a possible CL knockout.

Only reason would be when his replacement is free and ready to start, but no sane coach would take over during this stage of the season with no realistic chance for titles.
why not? can get started earlier with no pressure, will give them time to work with the squad etc.

Nazario1985

If the new manager doesn't start working on HIS squad until June/July you can forget about next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I want a new coach that is not afraid to use youngsters and won't look for short-term solutions to embellish his resume.

We need someone who wants to build and play good football.

Wambo

I want a new coach that is not afraid to use youngsters and won't look for short-term solutions to embellish his resume.

We need someone who wants to build and play good football.
And who would that be? The media is mentioning De Zarbi, Rafa, Flick, all which are sub-bar when it comes to a club like this.

The obvious answer would be Klopp but we don't have the money for his desires and he wouldn't be interest in coaching a club which is run like a mafia.

Fuck, how come Xabi turn out to be such a great coach yet Xavi has no clue. Or did Xabi get lucky with Bayer and would fail at big clubs like Real and Liverpool? I would have never guessed that Xabi is wiser and more capable than Xavi.

Porque

Xabi took a more conventional (and you may say humble) path.

Coached Real Madrid youth team, went to Sociedad B and promoted them. Moved to Bayer Leverkusen.

Coaching staff is interesting too. He brought Sebastien Parilla with him through Sociedad B and Real Madrid. But everyone else he kept from the Bayer setup, and those signed when he hired were not part of his initial team.

Shows he has good interpersonnel skills and open minded to work with the pre-existing staffing and get them on board with his ideals.

For all the talk of Barcelona lacking fitness and conditioning, Bayer also have two ex Barcelona staff on their books. One as an assistent, and another as one of their fitness coaches.

Just, and unfortunately for us, different levels in terms of managerial ability.

khaled_a_d

And who would that be? The media is mentioning De Zarbi, Rafa, Flick, all which are sub-bar when it comes to a club like this.

The obvious answer would be Klopp but we don't have the money for his desires and he wouldn't be interest in coaching a club which is run like a mafia.

Fuck, how come Xabi turn out to be such a great coach yet Xavi has no clue. Or did Xabi get lucky with Bayer and would fail at big clubs like Real and Liverpool? I would have never guessed that Xabi is wiser and more capable than Xavi.

Alonso always had the making of a good mansger, that was known in his playing days.
But unlike Xavi, he had 2 advantages:

1- He wasn't confined by only one team, that had rigid ideas and philosophy, during his playing career. He was coached by Benitez, Mourinho, Carlo, Pep and also also the likes of Denoueix & Pellegrini who were good midtable coaches. Different ideas and styles to learn from.
Xavi had LVG, Rijkaard & Pep. All playing in same club.

2-Alonso didn't have everyone's telling him he is the future Barca coach and the heir of Pep in Barca since he was a player. He had to earn it.

First coached U-14 team with RM then a well run club, Sociedad, hired him for B team for 3 years, including an expected relegation, and then Leverkusen under a Spanish CEO that believed in him. And before that he had a year of career hiatus which seems to be important to many coached (Pep, Zidane, Lucho)
Xavi retired much older, immediately took over a club in Qatar and after finally starting to get results he was appointed here. Hiring his closer ones and having his brother as top assistants.

I don't think Xavi is clueless, but he needs some reflection tbh. Get a year off and start hiring more experienced coaches as assistants rather than friends. Accept he cannot do it all and let SD does his thing.
If he does that and land in a good environment I think he can rebound his career.

Porque

That could have turned things for him !!

Seriously how can you be a beginner and offered the job in one the biggest club in the world and still choose amateurs to surround you !

To be fair, in one match he taught Messi everything that was needed to become the GOAT.

0338c3c0dc53420a27114101365a901f.jpg

Nucky

Without money I doubt there is anybody who can bring back glory to Barcelona.. Youth players won't do it, in todays football you also need to invest some serious money if you want to be successfull.. Until the club is financially stable I don't expect anything much from them, currently Barca are irrelevant team in Europe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans