Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Do brighton have a better squad? because they don't need all time great level players to play the way they do. Not one person has asked for pep/barca ~2010 levels but Xavists like to use strawman arguments to defend his performances and its hilarious. Not even asking for tiki taka here...
It's always the same absurd rhetoric...

Not need to reply to any Xavi apologist.
They will come up with the same crap no matter the game/context/performance.
There are tons of examples like Brighton that disprove their claims.
If they can't/don't want to see it by now, they will never see it
Save yourself some time

Hit our morale because of a goal conceded. &?&) off conceded bunch. That?s football. What kind of athletes are these thinking like that as soon as they face adversity. Should be opposite. Should motivate them. That?s why we ain?t winning CL. Find players that think like that and it will change. We have a handful with right attitude though.

That's the issue.
We need someone to kick their sorry and snowflake ass. Whoever crumbles in the face of adversity should not wear the Barca shirt.

iniestaGOAT

Do brighton have a better squad? because they don't need all time great level players to play the way they do. Not one person has asked for pep/barca ~2010 levels but Xavists like to use strawman arguments to defend his performances and its hilarious. Not even asking for tiki taka here...

Brighton is fucking garbage what you on about?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Way to take one statement out of that, jump to a conclusion and just assume I am using whatever you claim is absurd rhetoric :lol:

To be fair, Mitoma and March are in insane form right now and it is funny you mention them because honestly I would take either over Ferran and maybe even Raphinha & Ansu as well. I will happily acknowledge Xavi has been pretty shaky with his transfer targets and squad management this season. It is a difficult thing to get right some times and especially considering how hamstrung we have been financially, you cannot be too surprised not every signing has been exceptional.

He is struggling with signing the right forwards but Christensen, Kounde as well as Kessie have been solid additions this season not to mention what he got out of Auba. On the other hand, Lewy, Raphinha, Bellerin and Ferran in particular have not worked out. That is being fair and objective.

Now, would you honestly say that since he has been here, he has improved or worsened the individual players in how he is developing them in training?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Not need to reply to any Xavi apologist.
They will come up with the same crap no matter the game/context/performance.
There are tons of examples like Brighton that disprove their claims.
If they can't/don't want to see it by now, they will never see it
Save yourself some time

Brighton play some of the best football in the league despite a small squad but they arent running away with the league and are clearly focused on the FA cup. Not really comparable at all despite the quality they have in that team for the football they want to play.

But kuddos throwing out false equivocations that disprove nothing but the air I fart out my ass just because I can see the positives in this project. Still a dismissive mindless little twat arent you :lol:

Birdy

Brighton play some of the best football in the league despite a small squad but they arent running away with the league and are clearly focused on the FA cup. Not really comparable at all despite the quality they have in that team for the football they want to play.

But kuddos throwing out false equivocations that disprove nothing but the air I fart out my ass just because I can see the positives in this project. Still a dismissive mindless little twat arent you :lol:

Talk for yourself.
So far the twat is the one who appears every couple of months in here to whitewash Xavi with ridiculous excuses, and never self-criticizes.

The fact that you are downplaying Brighton's seasons says it all. Of course, I don't think you are dumb enough not to realize that if Brighton had the individuals players of UTD or Spurs (not even mentioning Barca) they would be going for the league. That's how exceptional the work De Zerbi is doing.
And you pop up here every shitty result to churn out similar shite and trying to protect your shitty agenda

I do these replies less and less nowadays. I have realized there is 0 point in replying to people with agendas

iniestaGOAT

Talk for yourself.
So far the twat is the one who appears every couple of months in here to whitewash Xavi with ridiculous excuses, and never self-criticizes.

The fact that you are downplaying Brighton's seasons says it all. Of course, I don't think you are dumb enough not to realize that if Brighton had the individuals players of UTD or Spurs (not even mentioning Barca) they would be going for the league. That's how exceptional the work De Zerbi is doing.
And you pop up here every shitty result to churn out similar shite and trying to protect your shitty agenda

I do these replies less and less nowadays. I have realized there is 0 point in replying to people with agendas

That's why they gave potter a chance you fool. And he failed. De zervi would fail too.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Way to take one statement out of that, jump to a conclusion and just assume I am using whatever you claim is absurd rhetoric :lol:

To be fair, Mitoma and March are in insane form right now and it is funny you mention them because honestly I would take either over Ferran and maybe even Raphinha & Ansu as well. I will happily acknowledge Xavi has been pretty shaky with his transfer targets and squad management this season. It is a difficult thing to get right some times and especially considering how hamstrung we have been financially, you cannot be too surprised not every signing has been exceptional.

He is struggling with signing the right forwards but Christensen, Kounde as well as Kessie have been solid additions this season not to mention what he got out of Auba. On the other hand, Lewy, Raphinha, Bellerin and Ferran in particular have not worked out. That is being fair and objective.

Now, would you honestly say that since he has been here, he has improved or worsened the individual players in how he is developing them in training?

I take exception to people using the calibre of players we previously had to give xavi an excuse as to why we play so poorly scraping wins. The players we have are not relegation fodder as some like to infer.
Xavi has in multiple games been tactically Subpar but yet inspite of those tactics we've come out ahead in those matches due to the disparity of the squads and huge slices of luck at times.

We have invested heavily and with another manager espcially one with more experience who's to say we wouldn't have done better? Genuinely sick of the excuses mediocre managers get at this club.

Xavi has so far done an OK job so far. His ceiling seems very limited. Has he improved the team? Yes somewhat but it's the bare mimimuim I'd expect from a barca manager considering how low our level was before investment.

Brighton have lost their entire coaching staff and numerous players and are still performing well as a team. Something we are not under xavi too often. They have a style of play and attacking patterns something we struggle with..

As for signings! Was Christensen even his signing?
Kounde has been a very meh signing imo.
Most of the signings have been poor yet we've given xavi that power so then going on to complain about squad quality is hilarious because they are for the most part the players he has selected himself. We haven't even got to the part about him relying on and renewing past it players.

Want to clarify that they can be poor signings for the $ and level we aspire to but are still miles better then what the rest of the league has lol..

Last edited:

jamrock

We league champions yet?.

They returned the favor in the kings cup, except this time we were down 4 players, it's cool, we'll be seeing them fully squad up again next season, missing 4 of your XI is no joke.

First half we were by far the better team as is the consensus amongst everyone I've heard so far, just couldn't finish, 2nd half our squad depth caught up with us.

The man has still won 3/5 classico this season, but yeah let's murder him.

jamrock

Classico these days seems to be decided by who scores first, as is the case in most games, if they goal went in we would have at least drawn, they Madrided us in the counter for the 1st and the 2nd half was just a disaster.

khaled_a_d

In general I don't blame Xavi on yesterday's loss, because at the end of the day the players on his disposal are of much lower quality than those of RM. That said it is impossible not to blame a coach on 0-4 loss at home.

Barcilliant

It's explicable.
Roberto explained it in the post match presser. Madrid's goal 'hit our morale'
Meaning our crybabes snowflakes become emotionally destabilized because things didn't go our way

Exactly. The players we recruit should have character. I'm sick of us getting players who are pussies. Alot of the home grown players are huge pussies too. eg Roberto,Alba, Busquets.
The fact that the club wants Messi back really grinds my gears.
Too soft, too sentimental. The club lacks the hard nosed edge a big club requires in today's modern game.
Hiring Xavi was all about trying to duplicate Pep and Lucho. However Xavi doesn't have the experience or the quality of players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans