Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

Gundogan is still a top player. With him, De Jong and Pedri at the club not many teams could boast that kind of midfield depth.

Inigo and Auba, no thanks!

Devils

Xavi shouldn't be allowed to sign any player after all the trash he has signed for this club and the number of humiliations he has put us through.

delancey

I don?t believe that Xavi should be allowed control over the transfers either. With that said, we have one hell of a squad. Any manager would be delighted to have Christensen, Araujo, Balde, Kounde, de Jong, Pedri, Lewa, raphinha, Dembele, Torres and Fati. Again, our squad is not the problem. Tactics are the problem.

We need an attacking midfielder, someone who feels comfortable distributing the ball down the middle. And someone who will replace Gavi, for he is a promising prospect, but inexperienced and too young to be playing every game. Hello Messi? 😁

Last edited:

Givenchy

There were 2 paths for Laporta:

Hire Xavi, a Qatari league manager, temper expectations at the club and steady the ship signing some free agents and fight for the league whilst cleaning up the financial mess Barto left behind.

OR

Hire an experienced manager, pull levers and sign players like Lewa, Kounde and Raphinha. Banking on quick, short term success, a huge risk.

Unfortunately for us, the idiot combined the worst parts of both paths; huge risk with a novice manager and here we are.

Porque

Well I think Xavi has earned a bit more respect than that, although I am super dissapointed over how we performed in knock out games under him.

serghei

I think this forum needs a massive reality check personally. Absolutely terrible attitude, so much self entitledness it's appalling. We can win a big title so early in our rebuild and all we get is shitty arguments like Madrid are shit so it's not really a big feat to win a La Liga in basically Xavi's first complete season.

Absolutely disgusting. On top of everything, and what make it ever worse, is our manager is one of the biggest cules of all time.

I am a critical person myself, but critique with logic ffs. Not using silly made-up arguments.

These are basic facts, squad is super thin and subpar, Madrid are one of the top 3 in Europe, we have massive financial issues impeding our rebuild. These are all basic objective facts proven by everything we see around us.

Still, during all this season we barely had our main 11 fit to play in top game. Bayern away and that's about it.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For the love of God don't let Xavi pick out our transfer targets. I'm terrified of what this man will choose.

Let him identify the positions we need and let the professionals do their jobs.

serghei

For the love of God don't let Xavi pick out our transfer targets. I'm terrified of what this man will choose.

Let him identify the positions we need and let the professionals do their jobs.

There isn't any indication that Xavi picks players himself. Nobody knows what the internal process of the club is. He probably plays a role, but how big or how small is anybody's guess.

The resonsability of transfers is shared between the board, the technical staff, and Xavi himself. Still, overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the progress so far.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There isn't any indication that Xavi picks players himself. Nobody knows what the internal process of the club is. He probably plays a role, but how big or how small is anybody's guess.

The resonsability of transfers is shared between the board, the technical staff, and Xavi himself.

Marcos Alonso.

Azpilicueta goosechase which led to no RB being signed because Xavi insisted on him too.

serghei

Marcos Alonso is a decent signing? Imma head out.

You don't apply logic and context. He was a low money signing, for a low salary. He does the job expected of such a signing. Not his fault he has to perform a bigger role thanks to the squad being crap.

If the club didn't have big financial problems he could have looked for more expensive, better options. Alas... the situation was different.

For a 4th CB option he's not that bad. Not his fault Araujo has to play RB for example because we have no RB. We have a solid RB, and Araujo - Kounde start at CB, and he's a bench option even if Christensen gets injured.

As I said, unreasonable expectations are the norm. Sell the club to some oil state or some billionaire who needs new ways of spending his wealth and you get your wish.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

I think this forum needs a massive reality check personally. Absolutely terrible attitude, so much self entitledness it's appalling. We can win a big title so early in our rebuild and all we get is shitty arguments like Madrid are shit so it's not really a big feat to win a La Liga in basically Xavi's first complete season.

Absolutely disgusting. On top of everything, and what make it ever worse, is our manager is one of the biggest cules of all time.

Europe is the only thing that matters to a majority of the fan base.

I share the same opinion as you though. Winning La Liga is a great accomplishment that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

serghei

Europe is the only thing that matters to a majority of the fan base.

I share the same opinion as you though. Winning La Liga is a great accomplishment that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Because the fanbase is delusional. The got used to some situation of Barca demolishing big teams, and never got adjusted to a change of scenery so to speak.

Winning one La Liga after another with Madrid around is never normal. They still are the most successful Spanish tream in terms of La Liga titles by a clear margin. Every title we win above them is a step towards closing that gap. And in the last years, they won more La Ligas than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans