Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

why Xavi... why...
6a00d8341c72e153ef017742d3f99d970d-800wi

BarçaBarça

Being an ambassador for the most shady world-cup nation on the back of the horrible track-record of slavery-like conditions during stadium-building and all the rest..
Surely football around the globe is a good thing, but this seriously puts a stain on his honour as I see it. I know that few people in this world are pure, but there is a difference between explicitly backing dictatorships and earning for your pension in China for example - and Chinese money-offers has surely been a realistic option for him as well, when he decided to go to Qatar.

If he could get off his ass, stop giving interviews every two days and actually start training to be an accredited manager that would be nice.

The slave money in Qatar has got him complacent and lazy. He isn't going to walk back to the Camp Nou as manager after only coaching the Qatari national team.

We could use someone like him right about now.

Stoichkov1

If he could get off his ass, stop giving interviews every two days an actually start training to be an accredited manager that would be nice.

The slave money in Qatar has got him complacent and lazy. He isn't going to walk back to the Camp Nou as manager after only coaching the Qatari national team.

We could use someone like him right about now.

Xavi will be an awful coach.

khaled_a_d

Well, people thought the same of Zidane when his Castilla team struggled.

Zidane took the right steps and took things slowly, also was a product of different football types and managers unlike Xavi who spent his whole career in almost one single system and seem to can't understand any other types. And rumors is that he doesn't want to go to Barca B doesn't help to give high hopes for him

SeloBarca

Think he could be good
Alot of players, even Messi has huge respect for him.
Messi, Pique etc needs someone that they cant run all over like Valverde and Bartomeu.
Unfortunally i dont think Xavi, Puyol etc likes the current board to much.

BBZ8800

I can see Xavi trying to replicate Pep's style with tons of short, technical players, without too much new ideas. (Why would you need new ideas, Pep would reply, lol).

I'll stop watching football for some time if Xavi will try to replicate 2009-2011s era.

khaled_a_d

Think he could be good
Alot of players, even Messi has huge respect for him.
Messi, Pique etc needs someone that they cant run all over like Valverde and Bartomeu.
Unfortunally i dont think Xavi, Puyol etc likes the current board to much.

Xavi has no problem with current board at all.
And a player who was their teammates for that long might not get the respect you are expecting tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane took the right steps and took things slowly, also was a product of different football types and managers unlike Xavi who spent his whole career in almost one single system and seem to can't understand any other types. And rumors is that he doesn't want to go to Barca B doesn't help to give high hopes for him

I don't necessarily disagree with you and I agree the Barca B rumour is worrying. He cannot feel entitled like that.

But to say Xavi will fail for sure is a bit premature. No one knows how he want to play.

khaled_a_d

I don't necessarily disagree with you and I agree the Barca B rumour is worrying. He cannot feel entitled like that.

But to say Xavi will fail for sure is a bit premature. No one knows how he want to play.

Xav is one of those whom every coach in the club reported that he will be a good future coach, so there is always chance he will be good coach. I am just dismissing the comparison to Zidane
Mascherano and Busquets are the other btw, for some reason I think the later too might end up being better coach

JamDav1982

Xav is one of those whom every coach in the club reported that he will be a good future coach, so there is always chance he will be good coach. I am just dismissing the comparison to Zidane
Mascherano and Busquets are the other btw, for some reason I think the later too might end up being better coach

Something about Xavi just doesnt feel right.

Can imagine him being a bit of a tyrant with not the best man management.

When he praises likes of Banega as his type of player... its a bit worrying.

KingLeo10

Something about Xavi just doesnt feel right.

Can imagine him being a bit of a tyrant with not the best man management.

When he praises likes of Banega as his type of player... its a bit worrying.

don't forget the "we won on principle/possession" excuse he would roll out after a thorough beating from a physical side.

DAMNit

I believe Puyol and Iniesta would be the better coaches.
Xavi would be a great coach, but he'd be overly experimental, just like Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans