Xavi Hernández V2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd be heading out too if I couldn't explain how Girona are able to perform like this and have players perform to and beyond their ability/potential whilst Xavi is struggling to do the same or rectify the same issues we've faced for a long time now.

Maybe you should stop flip flopping all the time @serghei

Everyone recognizes that the team need improvement and that the finances aren't great, but what is Xavi doing to make the team perform above their ability and elevate their play?

What is he doing to correct the same mistakes we see almost every second game? What is he doing to correct his own behaviour on the sidelines leaving the team out to dry?

I think Xavi is an okay manager. Not very good. Not the worst in the world either. He's just average. A La Liga title doesn't change that lol.

KingLeo10

Xavi isn't to blame for the tactics in the PSG game, which got out of hand primarily due to individual mistakes.

He is to be blamed for our defense conceding 43 goals this season in LL and counting. That won't make a team competitive for the title in any era. Structural issues, issues of focus - that are his job description.

ajnotkeith

Its okay, since Serghei will be proven right soon, as top clubs will hire Xavi and give him a great big budget and he will win them the CL... or so he thinks.

Lets see... I would guess his career is going to plummet after his aura of his playing career wears out.

mc_lovin

Nah his coaching was amateurish.

Getting sent off mid way through the game instead of trying to get the team through with 10 men and 2 goals up was a cherry on the cake and shows how amateur he is.
:lol:

There's not a single person you can put on the sidelines that gets us through the game with 10 men and this squad. Zero. Game was done with Araujo's brainfart.

jamrock

Sounds boring but truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Xavi should have done a lot better especially against Girona,that result is BS TBH and generally we've had some tactical issues.

But we also need money to transform the team, from where laporta took us over from and xavi came in, you could make a legit argument we needed 7-8 players to be competitive at the very top, that's how deep the shit was that they walked into.

But through some good moves in the transfers market and la masia, mainly gavi, balde, yamal.

We've built a team that should be competing to win la Liga every season and with the right draw make a run in the CL.

The girona lost made this season a L for Xavi IMO, we had a lot of legit things go wrong this season in the league and Araujo in the CL, I think we competed very well against Madrid and deserved a draw in both games at the very minimum.

But you can't lose to girona when we needed a win.

serghei

Xavi isn't to blame for the tactics in the PSG game, which got out of hand primarily due to individual mistakes.

He is to be blamed for our defense conceding 43 goals this season in LL and counting. That won't make a team competitive for the title in any era. Structural issues, issues of focus - that are his job description.

That's fair. Complacency set in this season in the league and he has to fix it next season. Anything else than that... mostly bullshit from fickle fans lacking perspective.

Almost every manager has seasons like that, especially after a very successful league season that demanded a lot of focus and intensity for 34-35 games in a row. It's part of football.

Windhook

So when you said European you meant the CL specifically? Fairs, if you don't want to include inter how about Dortmund then?
Good question.

Dortmund deserve all the kudos. They eliminated Atletico and PSG, latter are on a decline IMO in reputation. But Dortmund are no financial midgets and they have the best youth scouting in the world currently, building this team after a decade of mediocrity. Going back to my first comment, can they achieve winning CL? Nah. Real Madrid wins another.

serghei

The girona lost made this season a L for Xavi IMO, we had a lot of legit things go wrong this season in the league and Araujo in the CL, I think we competed very well against Madrid and deserved a draw in both games at the very minimum.

That's the issue though.

Nobody says this La Liga season has been good or that Girona should finish ahead of us or anything of the sort.

The issue is that a bad season is not enough to lose confidence in a manager considering all that Xavi did so far. You have to put things into a larger context if you care to judge things well.

There are multiple factors that hurt us this season. Complacency, not playing our home games at home, poor individual form of some players, key injuries with a thin squad that could not cover them properly. Not replacing Busi, or even Dembele last summer. And so on.

More than half of the people here either don't realize this, or they don't want to.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Good question.

Dortmund deserve all the kudos. They eliminated Atletico and PSG, latter are on a decline IMO in reputation. But Dortmund are no financial midgets and they have the best youth scouting in the world currently, building this team for a decade. Going back to my first comment, can they achieve winning CL? Nah. Real Madrid wins another.
we have one of the best academies in the world no? similar to having good scouting in relation to our squad building. The reason we have been doing so well is due to our younger core. BTW we've also spent more than Dortmund assembling our squad according to the provided link. Most probs Bayern or Madrid will win but in a one off game anything can happen, so effectively they have the potential to win it.

serghei

It's the same type of desperation that made the club give Ansu the no10 and make him the next big thing, based on as little as 5-6 great games mostly. And it's not just the injury that causes his decline. It's the burning of stages of development at blitzing pace.

You can not consider kids to be your main pillars of the team like some here think. Maybe 1 in 10 talents is going to make it under this pressure.

Home of Barca Fans