Xavi Hernández V2

Valiant

Only in my mind? It's public record lol.

He has won titles here and improved us in CL. :lol: These are facts. You can't fluke a 38 games competition btw.
Then by that logic Ranieri is a good manager for winning the league with Leicester

Valiant

Since you spoke about transfers in laudatory terms... maybe you need to check out some more facts.

Barcelona spent on their squad a total of 375m in transfer fees. 10m more than Notthingam Forrest. 40m less then Everton. These are teams from bottom table in EPL.
So why isn't united winning trophy after trophy? Why isn't PSG winning endless UCL titles?

Devils

This dude is gonna be nothing short of miserable next season.

This Real Madrid side is going to get even better and they will be by far the best team in Europe next year and in the foreseeable future too.

HanDW

Wonder how long will Laporta keep playing this game, we're already on the verge of losing Supercopa money if Girona doesnt bottle top2.

Rory

Man things look bleak with Real Madrid in the final and their squad rebuild only 90% done.

I don't trust us to sign the right players, and I don't trust Xavi to get the best out of the players. Next season I honestly don't expect a title challenge if we don't sign a few decent players, but definitely a secure 2nd place and out of ucl groups. I question if Xavi can do that next year, meanwhile in the background offload high earners and start a rebuild in 2/3 years with significant money to do so.

Feel like we scrape around for money and throw it at the first target we think might work out. The whole world knew Camavinga/Tchouameni/Bellingham were good transfer targets and we didn't/couldn't go after any of them.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
🗣️ Carlo Ancelotti: “The mistake that the new generation of coaches make is giving too much information to the players in the game with the ball.

This takes away creativity. It's one thing to indicate to the player the positioning without the ball, there you have to give a lot of information, because without the ball it's concentration, sacrifice and collective play.

But with the ball, it depends on the creativity of the player. If Vinicius or Rodrygo feel more comfortable opening up a little more on the wings when the team has the ball, I'm not going to tell them to stay inside; because it is an individual interpretation of the game.

I don’t do it, because I don’t want to take away everyone’s creativity.”

I swear Xavi is likely telling our players pages and pages of what to do in games. So often it seems as if our players react so slowly with little freedom to express themselves and do what they’re actually good at. Having to do exactly what the coach says with little freedom is just the coach being an absolute rookie and that’s likely one of the mistakes Xavi is making.

ajnotkeith

🗣️ Carlo Ancelotti: “The mistake that the new generation of coaches make is giving too much information to the players in the game with the ball.

This takes away creativity. It's one thing to indicate to the player the positioning without the ball, there you have to give a lot of information, because without the ball it's concentration, sacrifice and collective play.

But with the ball, it depends on the creativity of the player. If Vinicius or Rodrygo feel more comfortable opening up a little more on the wings when the team has the ball, I'm not going to tell them to stay inside; because it is an individual interpretation of the game.

I don’t do it, because I don’t want to take away everyone’s creativity.”

I swear Xavi is likely telling our players pages and pages of what to do in games. So often it seems as if our players react so slowly with little freedom to express themselves and do what they’re actually good at. Having to do exactly what the coach says with little freedom is just the coach being an absolute rookie and that’s likely one of the mistakes Xavi is making.
Well, Carlo has a very different view on management to most top managers, to be fair, who are mostly about micro managing and overcoaching players into their system e.g Pep or Arteta.

Carlo is definitely very unique in his view here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bringing in structure defensively and the midfield isn't a bad thing. I'd prefer leaving the forwards to do their own thing though, something Henry claimed Pep did in his early days at Barca where he told them he'll get the ball to them in the final third and from there they gotta do their thing.

khaled_a_d

Bringing in structure defensively and the midfield isn't a bad thing. I'd prefer leaving the forwards to do their own thing though, something Henry claimed Pep did in his early days at Barca where he told them he'll get the ball to them in the final third and from there they gotta do their thing.

Henry also said that Pep took him out when Henry decided to move more centrally to stay closer to Eto & Messi to get the ball, despite him scoring.
Pep allows individual genius, but he is also a control freak tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Henry also said that Pep took him out when Henry decided to move more centrally to stay closer to Eto & Messi to get the ball, despite him scoring.

Didn't know that, but does sound like him :lol:

I prefer just leaving the forwards alone as it's way more fun to watch that way, but I'm no manager so...

serghei

Tbh, Henry said he decided to leave his flank and go on the other flank just like that, to get in on the action. That's a big no-no. Some structure has to exist.

Birdy

Pep is the exact opposite of Ancelotti.
Ancelotti above says that he leaves players POSITION themselves in attack
What Henry claimed Pep told them is totally different and very specific: that he will not instruct where to pass or dribble inside the final third

Home of Barca Fans