Xabi Alonso

Ursegor

World Champion
Call it 3-5-2 if you like, doesn't matter so much, at the end of the day it's 5 outfield players on the pitch that normally belong in a backline plus 2 defensive midfielders. As a consequence Bayern only managed 8 shots total - normally they average more than twice as much - against relegation fodder of which 1 was a 30+ yard goal of the season contender freekick goal. Quite unlike Pep. I guess the trashing by Wolfsburg followed by Boateng getting red-carded in the next match played with his mind.

Pep's done a great job managing his minutes and Alonso has sticked to what works for him 95% of the time. His level has dipped in recent weeks, but he'll pick it up once the UCL knockout stages begins.

hardyboy

Xabi Alonso: "I left Real Madrid for the same reason Di Maria did. We work hard but only others get praise."

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
buZ3Z46.gif

Xabi Alonso: "I left Real Madrid for the same reason Di Maria did. We work hard but only others get praise."

Maybe he really wasn't lying when he gave that interview around 2011 saying that Liverpool is the club he loves most

El Gato

Villarato!
Maybe he really wasn't lying when he gave that interview around 2011 saying that Liverpool is the club he loves most

Was this ever not apparent? If you're Alonso and you've had the care that you've had, you don't go to Madrid because you dreamed of it all your life, lol.

CuleLife4Life

I thought that was a fake quote. I remember reading some rumors that he cheated on his wife and she wanted him to leave Madrid lol.

He also took a paycut to join Bayern.

Morten

I thought that was a fake quote. I remember reading some rumors that he cheated on his wife and she wanted him to leave Madrid lol.

If he took a paycut then that quote is fake or Alonso is clueless. Di Maria clearly left for the money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He cheated on his wife........she demands he leave Madrid.......but still joins him to Munchen? :pep:

The people who create these bs rumours are not doing their homework :coffee:

I just realized something. Alonso has been coached by 5 UCL-winning managers. Is that some sort of record?

It's impossible to predict this, but with his style of play and the mentorship he's had over his playing years, I think he'd make a great manager after he retires.

Home of Barca Fans