Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L. Baines (Everton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the guy is one season removed from being utterly cornholed by every decent winger he faced and you're saying he's as good defensively as the best RB in the World?

he's just not a good defender. which is why he lost his spot to Arbeloa. he only got it back because of injury to Arby, and then held onto it by virtue of his attacking exploits.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Alves isn't the best right back in the world either btw.

I think Marcelo's evolution as a player is behind Alves at the moment and also at the very top level at the moment, but he has all the tools to be for Real what Alves is for Barca. Plus defensive nous comes with experience and coaching and he is young enough and good enough to improve that side of his game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Alves isn't the best right back in the world either btw.

nice_try.jpg

I think Marcelo's evolution as a player is behind Alves at the moment and also at the very top level at the moment, but he has all the tools to be for Real what Alves is for Barca. Plus defensive nous comes with experience and coaching and he is young enough and good enough to improve that side of his game.

so... basically what I said earlier.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lol at alves not being the best RB in the world....he is a solid defender but his offense outshines his ability on defense and that is all he is known for

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
lol at alves not being the best RB in the world....he is a solid defender but his offense outshines his ability on defense and that is all he is known for

Lahm is a better right back and when Maicon is not a bitch, he is also better.

zanela

A lot of them (mostly non-barca) tend to judge abidal keeping his past blunders in mind. A time when he was still adapting to this team.

But those who 've watched him on a weekly basis 'll tell that he has grown leaps and bounds both in the defensive and offensive department the past couple of years. This season he held our underperforming defence together, a reason we're in touching distance of the Championship trophy. A season which saw him put in superlative performances consistently, he wasn't just the best LB but the best defender in the world. Anyone who says otherwise haven't watched him regularly or base their opinions on player's past repute. (Like Evra and Cole will always be the bestest LB ever regardless of their form/performances)

I still remember some of them suggesting a world class LB for this team to become invincible. Guess, he shut them all up!

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned

Maicon is finished. Lahm is good, but hardly compares with the ferocity and stamina of Alves.

This season it had been Abidal and by a gigantic margin. Now that he is sidelined, I would maybe say Marcelo, then Evra.

I also love Coentrao, but he must be tested in a major league.

Ashley has declined markedly this season.

*Oh and by the way, Marcelo has been immense this season.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam

lahm i dont agree with buy maicon last year was a complete player physically and technically...but a man his size cannot play that wingback style at that level for very long and this year he has regressed

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Lahm is good, but hardly compares with the ferocity and stamina of Alves.

This season it had been Abidal and by a gigantic margin. Now that he is sidelined, I would maybe say Marcelo, then Evra.
My god man get a grip on yourself.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If a person does not rate a Barca player as the best in his position we get ridiculed for it. Amazing.

Abidal is a very good player, I rate him a lot and he is very solid for you, but because I don't rate him as the best in the world in his position it means I must think he is average/crap? Same applies for Alves.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
There is no genuinely viable alternative to Alves being the best right-back in the world. Certainly not Maicon, not any more :lol: And even he was only better than Alves for a time (the second half of last season). Alves has been solidly the best RB in the world since he rose to prominence at Sevilla.

Left-back is another issue.

Home of Barca Fans