Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L. Baines (Everton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
It's Marcelo or Lahm, eventhough Lahm usually plays on the right now.

I feel sorry for Abidal and all, but seriously? He's not even close, c'mon now.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
It's Marcelo or Lahm, eventhough Lahm usually plays on the right now.

I feel sorry for Abidal and all, but seriously? He's not even close, c'mon now.
Abidal>>marcelo ....like honestly marcelo is shit when it comes to defending and i thought that that was a needed skill to play LB....marcelo :lol:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Abidal>>marcelo ....like honestly marcelo is shit when it comes to defending and i thought that that was a needed skill to play LB....marcelo :lol:

Well it is just as laughable as saying Abidal is the best left back in the world.

Abidal is a very good player, but he isn't the best left back in the world.

Marcelo for Madrid is likes Alves for Barca, in terms of their roles in the team so that is a more comparable comparison than marcelo - Abidal.

Abaddon

I'm 100% sure Alves would win a best RB poll here by a landslide. Him and Marcelo are the exact same type, and pretty much on the same level as well.

Bergkamp10

Cole's not been himself this season (due to Chelsea's general bad form and the media persecution he gets) but I still think he's the best and he's still probably been one of the shining lights for Chelsea this season. Evra's gone a bit backwards this year so I'd probably say Lahm or Marcelona are second behind Cole.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'm 100% sure Alves would win a best RB poll here by a landslide. Him and Marcelo are the exact same type, and pretty much on the same level as well.

Exactly. Hell people would probably vote for Bojan (the player!) as the best young striker in the world.

Cole's not been himself this season (due to Chelsea's general bad form and the media persecution he gets) but I still think he's the best and he's still probably been one of the shining lights for Chelsea this season. Evra's gone a bit backwards this year so I'd probably say Lahm or Marcelona are second behind Cole.

Aly Cissokho I tell you. :D

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Cissokho hasn't been that good this season tbh, as promising as he undoubtedly is. Neither has Evra, nor Cashley post-Xmas.

Marcelo's been very good, Abidal was exceptional (but played equally as much in the middle of defence), Lahm has only played RB since Van Gaal took over.

In other words: I'm not sure...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it's Marcelo right now, but Evra and Cashley are much better players and after a summer of rest will probably go on to prove it.

Abaddon

it's Marcelo right now, but Evra and Cashley are much better players and after a summer of rest will probably go on to prove it.
They are much better defensively, yes, but nowhere near him offensively. I can understand you'd put much more weight in defense for a LB, but that essentially rules out Alves as best RB as well, which is a shame because I cannot think of anyone else (except Lahm, again).

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As much as I thought Evra was the best a few years ago, along with cole, he isn't getting any younger and I doubt he can reach that level again.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Evra and Cashley have to play every single game, almost every single minute as well. they rarely get rest and it's really been obvious in the second half of this season.

Marcelo's much better offensively because he's that much worse defensively. Evra and Cashley are perfectly balanced in defence and attack (in both ability and execution) and only their general lethargy has knocked them down a peg in comparison to Marcelo. comparing Marcy to Alves is baseless as well, given Dani can be defensively solid when he has to be and has been a team's primary playmaker from RB (Sevilla) and can take over when he has to for Barcelona.

Abaddon

It's laughable to suggest Alves can be a significantly better defender than Marcelo.

Home of Barca Fans