Votes: 4 6.3%
  • A.Pereira (Porto)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L. Baines (Everton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Lol why is the debate on RB, Lahm is the most complete RB defo, he might not be as good as Alves at attacking but he is better at defending, some may say Maicoms a better defender than Lahm but Lahms better at attacking. Its been ages sincethere was a game were Lahm has been made to look like a amateur. same cannot be said about Maicon

gingerless

i don't know about other LBs but abidal this season, -although he did play at CB- has been just ridiculously good. but yeah since he hasn't been playing LB i would say don't mention him here, but for those that watched him this year i don't know how any player can do much better than that

Co0ter

Abidal is hands down the best defensive LB. I'd be willing to vote for as CB of the year as well, no joke. I don't remember him being beaten once 1 vs 1 all season and he used his lightning fast pace countless times to cover for other defenders mistakes and clean things up.

Adriano has done a great job recently too, tracking back and cleaning up our defensive frailties with last ditch efforts.

Beast

The Observer
There is no doubt Abidal had a great season but many of his great games were for his CB performance than his LB games (maybe with the exception of the game in which he scored his first goal ) .. he is sure improved a lot this season however he will still be trumped by Marcelo who is having a season of his life on all fronts this season .. establishing himself as one of the main playmakers in Real to the extent even CR form suffer if Marcelo is not playing
So without bias i believe the best LB this season in Europe is Marcelo , Bale play mainly as a LM infront of Ekotto so he shouldn't be in the list the rest are on a lower level ..
as for the RB , this season the only one who kept his form was Alves .. the rest of contenders are down including Lahm and Maicon

iookram

Cashley and Evra are on the decline so I wouldn't consider either of them as "the best leftback". On potential, I'd say Fabio Coentrao, depending on him making the right transfer moves.

For now, Abidal = :worthy:

A

Alzeheri94

It's between Eric Abidal and Phliipp Lahm. I voted Lahm because he has kept a high level for more than 3 seasons. Abidal was miserable before this season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Difference, for me, however, is that Marcelo is a bit rubbish in defense...I'll give him the current title of best attacking LB atm, though

Trequartista

The good
and thats a problem 99% of fullbacks polls is won by the best attacking fullback and we all forget that their main job is to defend

Home of Barca Fans