World Cup 2018

dakt

I am not here to discuss migration policies in the EU and its ramifications, what is right or wrong as I am not in any position to do so, nor do I have enough knowledge or expertise on it to opine.

I am simply saying, regardless of one's race and ethnicity, if that person holds the citizenship of France or Croatia or whatever country, feels French/Croatian/XXXXX, identifies with France/Croatia/XXXXX, he or she should be considered a French/Croatian/XXXXX just like the rest of them. That is my point.

It's not as simple as you would like it to be. Imagine if China allows inflow of 50 million of Japanese every year while typical Chinese has 0.5 children per couple and Japanese 3. This is hypothetical because there aren't that many Japanese to sustain that inflow for that long time and China's policy wouldn't allow that, but the picture still stands. Can you just say, yes if you give him a citizenship and he learns to sing Chinese anthem he's Chinese?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Perhaps my biggest issue with the EU is that you have a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussel telling me in Norway what i can or cant do. I dont even get to vote for any of those guys, the whole thing is so undemocratic.

If I am not mistaken you guys are not part of the EU, right?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not as simple as you would like it to be. Imagine if China allows inflow of 50 million of Japanese every year while typical Chinese has 0.5 children per couple and Japanese 3. This is hypothetical because there aren't that many Japanese to sustain that inflow for that long time and China's policy wouldn't allow that, but the picture still stands. Can you just say, yes if you give him a citizenship and he learns to sing Chinese anthem he's Chinese?

Yes I would say so. The Manchus invaded China and ruled us for almost 300 years and today they are considered equally Chinese as the Han Chinese. The same goes to the Mongolian Chinese, Vietnamese Chinese, Korean Chinese and the other 52 ethnic minorities in China. They are as Chinese as the rest of us.

Edit: IF we have foreigners who came here and received Chinese citizenship, as long as they identify with China, I don't care if they speak Chinese or know Chinese well, I'd consider them Chinese. For example we have a sizable population in HK whose ancestors came from Britain, India and the Philippines. Many of them still don't speak Chinese to this day but hell they are Chinese as long as they have Chinese citizenship.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Do you consider those French players with African parents but born in France as French?

Are there any Croatian players that you dont consider croatian?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If someone is an immigrant to france and goes through the process to become a citizen of that country they should be called “French”

And second generation immigrants onwards that are born and raised in France are also French

Yannik

when you wait the whole evening for Bojan to finally archive this thread for good and then he makes it even worse

obi-wan-chosen-onegif.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you consider those French players with African parents but born in France as French?

Are there any Croatian players that you dont consider croatian?

You seem very much obsessed with Crostia. Thank you

Enjoy:

[YouTube]g7NcehT0wyw[/YouTube]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You seem very much obsessed with Crostia. Thank you

Enjoy:

[YouTube]g7NcehT0wyw[/YouTube]

Don’t know what you’re trying to prove here. Most of scotland was supporting Croatia because they were playing the old enemy England. Many also wanted Croatia to win the final.

Morten

In what sense? Out of curiosity. You guys don't really use Euros and Brussels does not dictates Norwegian domestic policies except inter-European trade, I thought?

Well, we are apparently country Nr.1 in accepting the EU directives, that really tells you we are just an unofficial member of the EU, really.
We voted against EU on several occasions, we voted "No" in all of them, but the politicians in this didnt care, so they decided that we were to become semi-members anyways.
They got us into a deal called EØS/Schengen, which means basically following most of the standard EU trade rules and such.

Home of Barca Fans