World Cup 2018

Givenchy

So FIFA confirmed that the 2022 World Cup will be held in winter (between November 21st and December 18th). :facepalm: This will completely mess up the 22/23 season. Even if the season starts early and ends late, there will be elevated risks of injury and fatigue after the WC before the season resumes. What were they thinking to award the WC to Qatar? What happened to all those "full-closed, fully-ACed stadiums"??? Never again,.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/13/fifa-confirm-final-winter-dates-2022-world-cup-qatar

I realize FIFA like a bribe but ffs, why of all the countries, give it to that shithole country? :facepalm:

I still think many players and fans will boycott it

eaman

The world cup should always be a summer thing and preferably in a country that's temperature and humidity isn't ridiculously high. Won't have the same feel in the winter. Also it's now 4 and half years away which is too long

Morten

So FIFA confirmed that the 2022 World Cup will be held in winter (between November 21st and December 18th). :facepalm: This will completely mess up the 22/23 season. Even if the season starts early and ends late, there will be elevated risks of injury and fatigue after the WC before the season resumes. What were they thinking to award the WC to Qatar? What happened to all those "full-closed, fully-ACed stadiums"??? Never again,.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/13/fifa-confirm-final-winter-dates-2022-world-cup-qatar

Qatar 2022 isnt a real world cup, everyone should just pretend the world cup got cancelled that year.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wouldn’t worry about fatigue, most teams only play three matches and the winner plays seven, playing seven in month month is what they would do anyway.

It is annoying how it’s in winter, the World Cup and summer go together well

Jenks

We should be open minded. The climate will be better, the players will probably be fitter. It might be the case that a winter tournament is better than a summer one.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Open minded like Qatar, I reckon. And fundamentalism they promote and bankroll across the world, even in my country's background.
They don't deserve it and it's an embarrassment to humanity they got it and worse still, bought it.

George_Costanza

That's if Qatar doesn't get invaded by neighboring countries

RMU ReBorn

If Fifa wanted to give it to an Asian country they could have given it to china . Having hosted the Olympics in 2008 i believe they have it in them to host Fifa's showpiece event

FCBfan22

image.gif

Ajmooooooooooooooooooooooo Hrvatska.

Off to a bar in an hour.

Home of Barca Fans