World Cup 2018

Givenchy

we (england) really are average. I enjoyed our journey this world cup but some of these players.. i think it speaks volumes about the quality of international football if this England team are almost making the final

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Said it before and I’ll say it again, england are shite. Played Belgium and lost twice and lost to Croatia, the only good teams they faced. Beating Easy teams due to the luck of the draw means nothing.

If James played for Colombia they would have lost. He wasn’t playing and they only won on penalties.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Adidas is really treating Belgium poorly. No authentic player-version jerseys and generic numbers without the Belgian FA logo.

Devils

Belgium with their best ever finish in the world cup.

The Belgian league will thrive now and Belgium will become a football nation.

Morten

England is such an average side, yet you cant really argue that they had a good tournament overall.
Is it true that only Iran had less shots on target in open play than England this tournamen, btw?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

we (england) really are average. I enjoyed our journey this world cup but some of these players.. i think it speaks volumes about the quality of international football if this England team are almost making the final

Said it before and I’ll say it again, england are shite. Played Belgium and lost twice and lost to Croatia, the only good teams they faced. Beating Easy teams due to the luck of the draw means nothing.

If James played for Colombia they would have lost. He wasn’t playing and they only won on penalties.

Sometimes all you need in big tournaments like this is to have a bit of luck and to win games you are supposed to win. Teams like Spain or Germany (along Italy and Netherlands before them) lost from inferior teams, England didn't allow that and for that they deserved that 4th place

El Flaco

BADGERBHOY

Dont hold back Hamzah :lol:

eaman

France's best game was against Uruguay, but Uruguay was playing so badly that game that I can't stand watching the game full length, Cavani lost really hit them hard. France had a great showing the game before where they played ultra attacking football against Argentina but they apparently also forgot to defend. That's why they reach the final, Deschamps found a more balanced strategy that works, even sacrificing the natural attacking talents of Mbappe, Griezmann etc.

I'm rooting for Croatia btw :rockon:

France didn't play ultra attacking against argentina they just caught argentina on counters a few times. Mostly using mbappes pace. France have been average all tournament but so have every other team. There hasn't been an international team who plays as good as a club team since Germany 2012 to 2016 and before that Spain 2008 to 2012

Last edited:
It was Argentinia stupidness why they lost, not France power. I think this match will end 1-1 after 90 minutes. On the one hand France MUST win because of their home lost in 2016 and on the other hand croatia will never get such a chance again. Crotia has played 90 minutes more than France could be an advantage for the french men

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So FIFA confirmed that the 2022 World Cup will be held in winter (between November 21st and December 18th). :facepalm: This will completely mess up the 22/23 season. Even if the season starts early and ends late, there will be elevated risks of injury and fatigue after the WC before the season resumes. What were they thinking to award the WC to Qatar? What happened to all those "full-closed, fully-ACed stadiums"??? Never again,.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/13/fifa-confirm-final-winter-dates-2022-world-cup-qatar

Home of Barca Fans